Galaxy 12 and 18 - which one is C and Ku Band?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jsattv

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 4, 2006
I am trying to rename my Sat Receiver for Galaxy 12 and Galaxy 18 on 123.0W. The Lyngsat Map List for North and South America lists then as G12 and G18, BUT the detailed Lyngsat Tp Frequency Listing as well as Mike Kohl's list has them BOTH as Galaxy 18?? Can someone please tell me which one is for C Band and which one is for Ku Band?

Galaxy 18 is at 123 degrees handling both c and ku band. Last I heard, Galaxy 12 was at 125 degrees as an inflight spare. Maybe its drifted a bit. Good luck.

Galaxy 18 is at 123 degrees handling both c and ku band. Last I heard, Galaxy 12 was at 125 degrees as an inflight spare. Maybe its drifted a bit. Good luck.

Thanks Hermitman and Photoman76. With Galaxy 18 / 123.0W being used for BOTH C and Ku Band, how do you sort out out the 10750 and 5150 frequencies on the same Antenna settings? That is, on my setup Ku Band is on Port 1 of my DiseQC Switch and 10750 Frequency, and C Band is on Port 2 and Frequency 5150, so how do you sort this out and Blind Scan in the Channels??

I think you have to set up two antenna settings, one with lo 10750 and diseqc port 1 and the other with lo 5150 and diseqc port 2. You would have to blind scan them separately.

I am trying to rename my Sat Receiver for Galaxy 12 and Galaxy 18 on 123.0W. The Lyngsat Map List for North and South America lists then as G12 and G18, BUT the detailed Lyngsat Tp Frequency Listing as well as Mike Kohl's list has them BOTH as Galaxy 18?? Can someone please tell me which one is for C Band and which one is for Ku Band?

This works.
Intelsat Global Telecommunications Satellite Network

Thanks Hermitman and Photoman76. With Galaxy 18 / 123.0W being used for BOTH C and Ku Band, how do you sort out out the 10750 and 5150 frequencies on the same Antenna settings? That is, on my setup Ku Band is on Port 1 of my DiseQC Switch and 10750 Frequency, and C Band is on Port 2 and Frequency 5150, so how do you sort this out and Blind Scan in the Channels??

most receivers have a C-Band and a KU Band satellite option

if not create one. I had to for my stacked C-Band LNB. I have
C-Band V Setup with LNB LO as 5150
C-Band H Setup with LNB LO as 5750

In the old DVB days the BEC receivers let you set up to 32 LNB profiles and you could set an LNB profile for each frequency entered...how I wish some manufacturers would do it that way now...

most receivers have a C-Band and a KU Band satellite option

if not create one. I had to for my stacked C-Band LNB. I have
C-Band V Setup with LNB LO as 5150
C-Band H Setup with LNB LO as 5750

Thanks for your reply Iceberg. Yes you are right - but it seems to me that when I was using the 1 Meter Fortec Star Dish on the Roof with my Invacom QPH-031 LNB this option was available. But now with my 12 Footer and the Norsat C and Ku LNB's I have some how forgotten how to do this, or it doesn't come up like it did on the Invacom. Only other thing was that my Sat receiver was in USALS for the Invacom and Fortec Dish, while for the 12 Ft Dish I am in DISeqC 1.2 settings for Antenna control??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts