Galaxy 14 125W change skew?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

freezy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 19, 2009
Land of Sky Blue Water
I have always been able to receive this satellite. I haven't looked at it in a couple months and I can't get it now. I can get 123W right next to it.

125W has a normal skew (like the other sats except for 103)

are you working with KU or C-Band? 125W Ku is pretty much DVB-S2 now so make sure you have a receiver that can support it (PBS changed all their feeds to DVB-S2 this past summer)

I have always been able to receive this satellite. I haven't looked at it in a couple months and I can't get it now. I can get 123W right next to it.

Maybe its my pole/shed/dish/property moving, but I lost access to 125w too as of a few months ago. 123w no problem.

This is all nice to hear that others are strugging too. I gave up trying to find 125W in the last couple of weeks with a fixed dish. At 11 degrees elevation, I concluded I was probably pointing at trees. I think LPB on 87W will have to satisfy my need for PBS. I get it in HD on my Shaw Direct subscription too anyway.

I still get 125W here in Georgia, but I have noticed some signal change (I was thinking it could be my end, but now...?). I'm using MicroHD #s:

Oklahoma....still great at over 70Q, but Level has gone from 90 down to 59%
Montana... usually ok. Level at 90, Q 57-70, with an occasional blip down to 16%
PBS HD E and W.... excellent at constant 71Q
HD 3, same
HD 4, 5 ... only around 35Q
SD 1, Create, VMe, World.... excellent..same as PBS HD E and W
SD 5/CPTV SD around 65Q, pretty good
SD 6... 44Q, some breakup
SD7/SCETV.... about 50 Q, and Signal level sometimes down to 58...some breakup

I think that perhaps the wind moved the dish a bit with the strong storms we had lately. Haven't noticed a big change on the other satellites. But interesting that others are getting reduced signals,too.

is there any strong TPs on 125w that I can find with my old coolsat? I don't move my dish with the azbox elite hd...for well known reasons

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts