Galaxy 16 channel changes?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

KS603

Original poster
Jan 12, 2012
NH
:helpsign I'm not sure if it's me or not but I've lost KRBK, This, Movies and all the Caribbean stations. :eeek:eeek Hopefully they aren't :rip:rip LeSea still comes in loud and clear (praise the lord :devilish:sorry:facepalm) and I've got strength/quality in the 80's/90's. I've re-scanned a couple of times but it appears they are gone.:boom Can anyone else get them?? Thank you all in advance! :hatsoff2

I'm getting them fine right now, but a lot of other people are having issues right now, especially with KRBK. No one's quite sure what's up with it yet.

OOPS! Fred555 you are correct - Galaxy 16 @ 99W. Thanks for catching that. Any way I can correct title? Tried the link but it says I "don't have permission to view this page or perform this action".

A Raine, you're getting NBC, Fox and all?? Well what the.... is going on with me then. How annoying! Thanks for letting me know they still exist.

All 99W channels that you mention (including KBRK) are coming in fine this evening in Northern California. LESEA channels are on a very strong transponder and will come in even if the dish is slightly out of alignment. You might try bumping the dish East/West to see if it is an alignment problem with your dish.

All 99W channels that you mention (including KBRK) are coming in fine this evening in Northern California. LESEA channels are on a very strong transponder and will come in even if the dish is slightly out of alignment. You might try bumping the dish East/West to see if it is an alignment problem with your dish.

That's the first thing I try before wasting peoples time with a useless question. I usually double check everything on my end to make sure. But it hasn't mattered how little I move it which made me wonder, kinda like the ex-CBS on 95, there one minute but not 30 minutes later! From where my dish is I can easily see in a window to check whats up. Well at least I know it's on my end and will go back and try tweaking it some more.

Yes dfecarter - C band 99W Galaxy 16

I'm beginning to wonder if it's a combination of that and my Linkbox 8000HD Local. Sometimes it comes up with a no signal found even though if I check the signal it's still in the 80's/90's and if I leave it alone eventually a picture appears and everything's fine other times it switches with no hesitation. Oh well!

This is were the frustrating part kicks in. I didn't bother moving or adjusting anything last night but when I turned my box on this AM NBC, FOX, CW, This they are all coming in with signal intensity/quality of 98/88 same as the LeSea channels! KRBK/Movies while intensity is good quality is bouncing from 88 down to 10 and back again.

You are not alone. Many of us are having the same problem with the 3720 transponder. We are discussing in another thread in the "What's Up There" forum. Some receivers are having no problem, while others are experiencing the momentary pixelization glitching on all three channels of the 3720 mux.

If the channels go out again, maybe try deleting the transponders and rescanning. Maybe the LNB LO is starting to drift and only the big fat transponders are locking. If there are any switches in-line, bypass to test if it is not reliably passing signals.

OOPS! Fred555 you are correct - Galaxy 16 @ 99W. Thanks for catching that. Any way I can correct title? Tried the link but it says I "don't have permission to view this page or perform this action".

A Raine, you're getting NBC, Fox and all?? Well what the.... is going on with me then. How annoying! Thanks for letting me know they still exist.

Yeah, they're all coming in good here for me on a HDVR3500. Do you have another receiver that you could try? It seems like it may have something to do with certain receivers, maybe ones with a ALI chipset. I'm going to try and get the time later to try my MIcroHD and a few other receivers to see how they are with it.

The only channel that appears to have gone away is the eScapes channel on 99W.

KRBK, This, Movies and all the Caribbean stations all are coming in fine.

I am reposting this for those of you not visiting the What's Up There forum regarding the problems with the 3720 mux.
---------

Not dish or LNB(f) related. It is definitely an encoder/decoder compatibility issue.

Here are the results of my quick test of some STBs on 3720MHz:

Amiko mini HD SE: Momentary Pixelization
Amiko A3: Momentary Pixelization
X2 Premium HD version 2: No Pixelization
GEOSATpro HDVR1200: No Pixelization
GEOSATpro microHD: Momentary Pixelization
GEOSATpro HDVR3500: No Pixelization
Manhattan 1993: Momentary Pixelization
Manhattan 1997: No Pixelization
Linkbox 8000HD: Momentary Pixelization
Vigica 90s: No Pixelization
Raspberry Pi2/TBS5922SE: No Pixelization
PC/TBS6983: No Pixelization

I'm believe that it is an encoding GOP reference issue. Hopefully the uplinker changes the encoder setting or maybe they changed to a new or back-up encoder. This change may haunt many legacy STBs that no longer have development support!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)