Galaxy 19

Glorystar has been documenting the signal changes and working with the uplinkers during the transition. We certainly do not have any reason to believe that there are any issues with the new satellite. It takes some time to load and balance the bird.

Do not look for any improvements on 11.716GHz. This TP will be discontinued in January. The channels are being migrated to new TP Frequency:11.929GHz, Polarity: Vertical, S/R: 22000. In the next few weeks we will be updating the DVR1100c and the DSR100c receivers and point the channels over to the new frequency and discontinue 11.716GHz. We will post the channel changes in the next week for all other Glorystar viewers.

We are also experiencing very low Signal Quality readings in Northern California and Guadajahara, MX locations. The uplinker is aware of the lower Signal Quality on 12.177Ghz in certain areas of the footprint.

Why don't SatelliteGuys list the downlink location in their profile? We would have a much better idea of satellite footprints and provide assistance with your location.... Maybe it should be mandatory!

Glorystar has been documenting the signal changes and working with the uplinkers during the transition.....

Why don't SatelliteGuys list the downlink location in their profile? We would have a much better idea of satellite footprints and provide assistance with your location.... Maybe it should be mandatory!

Where is the RV today? Oh, Yeah, which one? And are MOM and POP in the same one?:p;)
What information do you want? Lat - Long? Zip code? City, ST? :hungry:

I just put up a new dish at 98037 and Daystar did not scan in! (New scan as G19.) I do not know why but I had it as G25 already so I can still find it.:D

I'm in central PA about 35 miles northwest of Harrisburg.

The G25 footprint per LyngSat showed that I was in a "corridor" of low signal strength (possibly due to the Allegheny mountains deflecting the signal somewhat???). The G19 footprint that I've seen on the IntelSat site doesn't seem to show the same signal reduction for my area.

Here are the G25 vs G19 signal qualities (G19 as of 11/25/08). "***" indicates channels with significantly lower qualities (a couple of channels are significantly better):

Cornerstone 30+ is now 50s
SafeTV 30+ is now 30s
Spirit Word 30+ is now 30s
LoveWord 20+ is now 30s
Word Network 20+ is now 20+
CNL Russian 20+ is now 20+
Rodnoy 20+ is now 20+
Telepace 20+ is now 20+
Al Karma 20+ is now 20+
ABN (Part) 20+ is now 20+
Cancao Nova 20+ is now 20+
Daystar 30+/40- is now 50s
TBN 40+ is now 20+ ***
Church Chan 40+ is now 20+ ***
God's Learning 40+ is now 20+ ***
Smile of a Child 40+ is now 20+ ***
JCTV 40+ is now 20+ ***
Emmanuel 40s is now 20+ ***
TBN Enlace 40+ is now 20+ ***
TBN Russian 40+ is now 20+ ***
TBN Nejat 30+ is now 50s
ABN 20+ is now 20+
Vision Heaven 40+ is now 40s

I updated my profile to include location, Brevard, NC: 35.2N, 82.7W. Yesterday GLC on 12177V was very slow on acquisition (minutes), I didn't check signal strength on either TP but it came in easily on 12060H. Today performance is better 12177V-46; 12060H-52 and both acquire readily.

They should have let G19 go at 101W. Then it will make the Christian package exciting. Then we in the Caribbean will need a single dish.

I've updated my profile with my locational and equipment info. I've copied it as my "signature".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)