Not all of the Transponders on g 19 will lock in

wdigital1

Original poster
Apr 18, 2011
Washington
I have satellite system that was switched over to g19, recently we had to replace the dish. Now the main transponder that was watched will not lock in, however 6 of the other transponders lock in just fine. I have tried tweaking the dish/lnb to get 11842 to come in with no luck. As a note I was doing the tuning with a First Strike meter.
thx
Will

:welcome to SatelliteGuys! There are many members here to assist, but I will get the ball rolling.

11842 transponder can be an issue if the dish is undersized, warped or damaged. Several transponders on Galaxy19 lock-in with higher Signal Quality if the dish is panned slightly to the west from the position that peaks for other transponders on this satellite due to adjacent satellite interference from a satellite at 95W.

Try this process for finding and peaking a dish for Galaxy19:

• Locate the satellite using 12152.
  • Peak for highest Signal Quality, but balanced for highest average Signal Quality on these 3 transponders, 12115, 11842 and 12152.

If the 11842 transponder is not locking at all, I would suggest that you look for a problem with the install.

• Bent or warped dish. Perform a string test to verify that the strings lightly touch as they cross in the center of the dish.
  • Incorrect receiver / meter programming. Verify 11842, Horizontal, 22000
  • Defective receiver (check for 13VDC output on vertical transponder, 14VDC on horizontal transponder)
  • Splitter in line with a single output LNBF to service additional receivers (this of course will not work as the LNBF can only send one polarity down the coax at a time).
  • Defective LNBF
  • Damaged coax and / or corroded fittings
Any additional information about the install might be helpful. I.E. dish model and size, LNBF model, receiver, etc.

Let us know any resolution!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts