Galaxy 25 Transponder 23 Anomaly - 9.26.2008

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Yay! Doc Scott is back..now I can fall asleep easier

who needs sleeping pills? Watch Doc Scott for a little bit and a snoozing you will go

TP23 (12115 V 22425) is working just fine. I dont know exactly how many TP's are on 97W off the top of my head

Checked it this morning and it is back on! I like keeping an eye on what the Rooskies are up to.
:)

Tp19 on Galaxy25 ?

I liked the free radio channels on TP19 (12053 V) on Galaxy 25, since they had various music channels covering everybody's taste.......
I still got the signal , but there is no music anymore?
Can someone verify this for me ?
Thanks.

within the next month or so. They can test G19 for a month (starting 10/6) at a different spot then they'll move it to 97

I think it will be operational by Turkey Day (in the US ;) )

within the next month or so. They can test G19 for a month (starting 10/6) at a different spot then they'll move it to 97

Iceberg, dumb question: will we have to do any adjustments when G19 goes online since it will have a stronger signal?

Last edited by a moderator:
probably not. G19 will move to 97W and they'll do a swap (move the stuff from G25 to G19) late night/early morning.

to most folks they wont know the stuff moved until they possibly see the signal go up (hopefully)

That will be a nice Thanksgiving present!:hungry::D

probably not. G19 will move to 97W and they'll do a swap (move the stuff from G25 to G19) late night/early morning.

to most folks they wont know the stuff moved until they possibly see the signal go up (hopefully)

Okay, Thanks :)

That sounds about right. I think they have finished testing. Celestrak is showing Galaxy 19 at 141.8 degrees West and moving East at 1.47 degrees per day. At that rate, it should arrive at 97 degrees West in about 30 days.

Status
Please reply by conversation.