Galaxy S3 vs S4

Neutron

Founding Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 7, 2003
Texas
Still trying to decide on which phone to upgrade to.

Verizon has the S3 for $99 with a two year contract. The S4 is $249 ($199 after a $50 mail in rebate, which I HATE).

Would I lose out on anything noticeable if I went with the S3 instead?

We would be replacing our iPhone 4Ss.

You can get the S3 through Amazon for $24.99 (or the S4 for $179.99). My wife has the S4 and in all honesty, when I play with it, I never think that I wish I had it instead. It has a "better" camera, but the camera on the S3 is real damn good. The other things it has are generally gimmicky, i.e. videos pause when you look away, screen scrolls as your eyes move down, etc.

What about the processor? Is the quad core that much better than the dual core on the S3?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sure it is... Her phone doesn't feel much faster in normal activities though.

I got the S3 for cost reasons. If money isn't a factor, I'd have gotten the S4.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I got the S4, but don't have anything to compare it to because it's lightyears different from my previous Smart Phone, the Samsung Epic.

i just got the wife an S3. after having the S3 for a year and a half i can say i didn't see much that warranted paying that much more for it. she was coming from the epic (1st galaxy) and knowing how solid the S3 has been that's what we went with. honestly when my upgrade comes in march i probably will skip that S4 and stay with the S3. unless a Note 3 is available :dev like Hall said, the S3 is a great phone.

S3 is a great phone, but I always like to go with the newest phone because you'll have it for a 2 year contract.

I'm really thinking the S4 now. I may go get it this weekend.

They will give me $143 for my iPhone 4S 16G for trade in.

I'd sell it myself but I don't think anyone would be interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can get the S3 through Amazon for $24.99 (or the S4 for $179.99). My wife has the S4 and in all honesty, when I play with it, I never think that I wish I had it instead. It has a "better" camera, but the camera on the S3 is real damn good. The other things it has are generally gimmicky, i.e. videos pause when you look away, screen scrolls as your eyes move down, etc.

Some of those features will most likely be in an update for the S3 later I would guess.

I got an S4 a few days ago and am enjoying it, but I can't really compare it to the S3. The screen is great, phone is really fast, and battery life so far seems decent, but I should mention that I rooted and installed a custom ROM so my experience may not be the same as yours.

The walk-out-the-door price isn't the same though. In the stores, their displayed prices almost always include a gift card or rebate factored in. There's other costs added in as well. When my wife wanted to get the S4 NOW, it was going to cost almost $300 total.