GAME DAY COMETH! Post your Football game day recipes here!

Sabres, if we host, I will be sure to take plenty of pictures.

BTW, my Browns are now undefeated when I make an orange colored meal for the game. Any suggestions for next week?

Italian sausage and peppers, and stick with only orange bell peppers!

Went to the Browns/Ravens game yesterday and arrived at the lot at 9am to start tailgating. The spread included the following.......

-Steamed clams, chicken, redskin potatoes and corn on the cobb with clarified butter
-crab cakes
-clam chowder
-bratwurst
-hot dogs
-trail mix
-pickled peppers

At 58°F and sunny, it was the perfect autumn day for football. The food was great, however the day was spoiled later when my Browns blew a 14 point lead to the Ravens late in the game and lost.

however the day was spoiled later when my Browns blew a 14 point lead to the Ravens late in the game and lost.

You don't have to worry about the next game.

Denver is so bad defensively, I don't know what to say.

As far as I'm concerned, I give Derek Anderson one more chance to keep his job.

Prediction: he'll light up the Enver Broncos (Get it?)

I think I'll be thawing out that beef brisket that I didn't get a chance to use for the Carolina game, and getting it ready for this weeks Tennessee game....

Though the Bears need a lot of work going up against Tennessee, I'm hoping for the best...

Brisket turned out good...

Made a jack daniels bbq sauce I found online. Soaked some hickory planks and laided them out on the grill. Put the sauce soaked brisket on the planks and let it sit for a little over three hours...

The outcome for the brisket was better than the outcome for the bears...oh well...

BRATS BRATS and BRATS!

(Bears vs. the Packers)

This recipe is for about two pounds of bratwurst...

Poke the brats with a fork so they don't explode. Melt a cup of butter in a large stewpot with about two thinly sliced onions. Add the brats to the pot, and sloooooowwwly pour in the beer, about six cans worth. Bring to a boil and let the whole thing simmer for about 20 minutes or so.

Heat up the grill to about medium heat, and personally, since my gas grill has a rack above the cooking surface, I like to smoke some hickory chips right on the grill itself, while letting the brats cook for an additional 15 minutes on the rack right over the smoking hickory. (I can use whats left of the planks I used for the brisket!)

Its incredible. Too bad its all in honor of the team I want the Bears to beat the most! :D

HD MM's Gameday Chili & Corny Cornbread

Chili

Ingredients

• 1 lb meat (typically I use ground meat, but in this application, I used leftover pulled pork and andouille sausage.)
  • 1 cup celery, chopped (usually 3 stalks)
  • 1 cup yellow onion, chopped (1 large or 2 small)
  • 1 tsp olive oil
  • 2 tsp chopped garlic
  • 2 cup chopped tomatoes (16 oz can)
  • 2 cup tomato sauce (16 oz can)
  • 1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
  • 2-3 Tbs chili powder (depending on how hot you like it)
  • 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
  • 2 tsp salt
  • 2-4 tsp brown sugar
  • 16 oz kidney beans, drained and rinsed
Instructions

Heat large stockpot and saute garlic and onions until tender. Add meat and brown. Add celery and cook until tender. Add dry ingredients and stir. Add tomatoes and sauce and bring to a boil. Turn down and simmer for 45 minutes covered. Drain and rinse beans. Add beans and bring back to a boil for an additional 15 minutes, uncovered. Serve with a pinch of cheddar cheese and a dipping bread on the side.

Corny Cornbread

Ingredients

• 1 Cup cornmeal
  • 1 Cup all purpose flour
  • 1/4 Cup Sugar
  • 1 Tbs baking Powder
  • 1 tsp Salt
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 12 oz can corn, drained
  • 1-1/4 Cup Milk
  • 1/4 Cup Oil
Instructions

Mix together cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; set aside. Stir together eggs, corn, milk and oil; add to flour mixture. Spoon into a greased and floured 8"x8" baking pan. Bake at 425°F for 30 minutes. Serves apx. 9

Thoughts

I came up with this chili recipe when I was 17. I haven't deviated much from the original creation. For years now, I wanted to scrap it and try something new and completely different, but everyone I make it for refuses to let me do it. The family loves it and this chili recipe has become a tradition of sorts every time fall comes around. This was the first time I substituted meats in it too. I had leftover pulled pork and sausages I used instead of the ground meat.

The next time I do chili, I want to try Bobby Flay's Red Beef Chili Recipe. It calls for quite a few exotic chilis and is supposed to have varying layers of heat. Can't wait to give that one a try....

Attachments

• Picture 015.jpg
    Picture 015.jpg
    280.2 KB · Views: 208
  • Picture 019.jpg
    Picture 019.jpg
    362.2 KB · Views: 197
  • Picture 017.jpg
    Picture 017.jpg
    206.9 KB · Views: 185
  • Picture 020.jpg
    Picture 020.jpg
    215.6 KB · Views: 181
  • Picture 023.jpg
    Picture 023.jpg
    198.3 KB · Views: 205
No Game Day this time...was at a Software Engineering Symposium all weekend.

Thats too bad too...because this Bears game was actually worth watching!

No big party...weather stinks here at the moment in Chicago...

3091862992_87ca8f0d0d.jpg

But it didn't stop me from grilling a swordfish steak for my lady. (the Bears playing a Florida team (Jax)...so I figured swordfish... :) )

seasoned with a wee-bit of olive oil, lemon pepper and garlic salt. What you see next to it is linguine sauted in olive oil and herbs, that salad is a spinach and tomato salad in balsamic vinagriete.

I was at mondays Bears game where I enjoyed a prime rib sandwich in the united club during what would turn out to be a spectacular win for our Chicago Bears...

...But now we face Houston. And it just so happens I got a big ole box of omaha steaks for christmas! Rib_eyes no less...I'm thinking those steaks would make for a fine gameday meal vs. Houston... :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts