Game Finder listing games on channels not subscribed to

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Jim S.

When someone asks you if you're a god, you say yes
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
FN11od
We only started using it recently, so maybe this isn't new behavior, but it certainly doesn't seem like correct behavior. We have Game Finder set for New York Yankees games, and we've set the "only available games" option so we don't get listings for blacked-out games. Nevertheless, tonight it tried to tell us we could watch a game on one of the MLB Extra Innings channels -- which we don't subscribe to. The channels do show up in the guide, and if we click on the game that it said was available, we get the same message that we would get if it was a blacked-out channel, not an unsubscribed channel. So, which genius at Dish is responsible for this?

It's always been that way. I go through that with Sabres games every year. Set a recording and get 3 hours of a screen telling me to Subscribe to NHL Ticket, or whatever Dish calls it

Unbelievable. I can understand wanting to try to sell the channels, but they should at least get the error messages correct!

I have to think Game Finder is just a generic app not associated with subscribed programming

But yet it's got the switch to exclude blacked-out games.

I suspect that it's the inclusion of the non-subscribed channels in the guide that's the problem. With my 622, if non-subscribed channels were shown in the guide they were shown in a different color to indicate that. This doesn't seem to be the case with my HWS. I honestly can't remember if it was ever that way before the accursed CUI, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts