Game finder says "game data is limited"

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Funny how the app completely crashed right before the actual games became available. People use this app to try to look up games in advance, so the timing of the outage was kind of an epic fail, don't you think? :p ;)
This thread was started on 7/19. With no games to show since March, it makes sense that no one used the app until just before they were available again.

Dish is probably just guilty of populating those games a little late....

Reactions: Howard Simmons
This thread was started on 7/19. With no games to show since March, it makes sense that no one used the app until just before they were available again.

Dish is probably just guilty of populating those games a little late....
There were updates to the Game Finder software version in the meantime. Dish is supposed to have people Beta testing these apps, right? Most sports may have had no games, but there were many international soccer games listed in the app the few times I checked during that period.

Funny that the app started working again when actual games became available. Coincidence?

I wondered the same thing. However, there were a few sports already happening - NASCAR, Golf, Soccer. Still, it does seem like there might be a link.

Reactions: pattykay
I wondered the same thing. However, there were a few sports already happening - NASCAR, Golf, Soccer. Still, it does seem like there might be a link.
Good programmers will offer specific, concise messages when an error occurs. "Game data is limited" seems fairly specific and concise to me.

Good programmers will offer specific, concise messages when an error occurs. "Game data is limited" seems fairly specific and concise to me.
Uh, the same message also said to check the internet connection, even though there was actually no problem with the internet connection on the user's end. So, not exactly as specific and concise as you put it.

Uh, the same message also said to check the internet connection, even though there was actually no problem with the internet connection on the user's end. So, not exactly as specific and concise as you put it.

Uh, seeing that both the OP and you said other internet apps were working, the internet connection part of the message could be safely ignored. That leaves the “game data is limited” part, which it clearly was!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uh, seeing that both the OP and you said other internet apps were working, the internet connection part of the message could be safely ignored. That leaves the “game data is limited” part, which it clearly was!
Yes, but the message implies that the game data was limited because of a lost internet connection, which it clearly wasn't!

Correct! It was limited because at the time there were no games!!
Nah, that can't be it. I have seen that exact same message many times before, when there actually were games. Apparently, the Game Finder app still has some limited functionality even without an internet connection, getting the data from the satellite signal. For the complete listing, though, it requires internet. So, there was some glitch with the app that caused it to not recognize that there was an internet connection when there actually was one. This is not the first time this has happened (although it is the most severe case I have seen, with an actual pop-up saying that Dish is working on fixing the problem) and it probably won't be the last time it happens, either.

... However, today with Application Software version AN436 (and Game Finder Config Version 1.18.12) it appears to be working correctly now. There are a bunch of soccer games listed there. The Multi-Sport ad still states "Over 35 channels of your favorite sports networks" even though it is now abundantly clear that the Sinclair-owned Fox Sports Net stations are never coming back.
The Game Finder app was updated again today. With Game Finder version 1.19.0 (in Application Software version AN437a) this annoying Multi-Sport ad has finally been removed. :crowdbounce :everybodydance

• Haha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts