Game of Thrones in 4K on DirecTV?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
Now that ATT owns, or is on the way to owning, Time Warner and Winter is coming in July. I wonder what it would take to get HBO to air Game of Thrones in 4K on DirecTV in July for season 7 like how they do now for Planet Earth II.

I think this would be a great event to push DirecTV 4K and show what 4K and possibly HDR can do.

Any takers? The season premiere is only 4 months away. I think this could be a huge event.

To air it though on 106 they would need to change something because HBO is a subscription

To air it though on 106 they would need to change something because HBO is a subscription
or have 501-1 HBO 4K part time?
106 HBO 4K free preview? They are just about giving away HBO on directv now.
Next year with Season 2 of Westworld and final Season of GOT is something they can build to.

With all the special effects in GoT I wonder how much of it was created in 4K vs. 2k?

Planet earth 2 was shot in 4k. Game of thrones isn't shot in 4k

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!
Seasons 1-6 was shot in 2K. Not hard to upconvert and would look better than 1080P. The first seasosn was shot with an ARRI Alexa XT and it is capable of dumping the whole sensor resolution of 3414 x 2198, which is pretty close to 4K. Season 7 still isnt known what it was shot in, but I saw somewhere they did use Red's Epic M Dragon which does shoot in 6K for last year's season and for parts of the series, so it wouldnt be improbable that they did go full 4K if not full 6 or 8k for season 7.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)