Games advertisements in the guide

michaelbudney

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 9, 2008
I'm not sure if this is normally in the national release since I am new to DTV but after activating DOD on the CE firmware, every so often there is a Games advertisement in the guide.

It's kind of annoying as it feels like there are already hundreds of these game channels in the guide to begin with. Any way to turn this off or is it a permanent feature?

I'm not sure if this is normally in the national release since I am new to DTV but after activating DOD on the CE firmware, every so often there is a Games advertisement in the guide.

It's kind of annoying as it feels like there are already hundreds of these game channels in the guide to begin with. Any way to turn this off or is it a permanent feature?

Keep in mind, your playing with BETA software, no one knows for sure what the final outcome will be.

Jimbo

Actually the ads in the guide are now national software.

It is not something you can turn off, DirecTV put it there and they control it.

I don't like it, but I can't change it.

I think if you use a favorite list it will not show.

Actually the ads in the guide are now national software.

It is not something you can turn off, DirecTV put it there and they control it.

I don't like it, but I can't change it.

I think if you use a favorite list it will not show.

Yes it is still in the FAVORITE list also. D* pushes their garbage into the gide twice.

Yes it is still in the FAVORITE list also. D* pushes their garbage into the gide twice.

Well ......
It's their guide, I guess they can do what they want with it.
They do monitor the site, if enough mention not liking it, maybe they will change it.

jimbo

DirecTV's new guide is turning into cable TV's guide.
Which I HATE because of all those ads.
Personally we shouldn't get ads in our guides...its pay TV service, commercials are enough in the non premium channels, hopefully DTV does something about this..

Yes, I've seen it too. I don't like it either, but at least its not as bad as what Comcast did. They have an ad on every screen jump. They use a whole channel location for the ad all the time. Either way, I would hope this doesn't become any more intrusive. It would be even better if it was totally scrapped.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts