Gannett HD Locals unified thread

M Sparks

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 15, 2005
I thought it would be good to have one information source concerning Gannett holding out on HD locals for DISH Network. Seems like what little info there is is spread across many threads.

I talked to a friend who is a manager at a Gannett station (not one of the ones involved.) He said he hadn't heard anything about it. I also asked him about Gannett News Channel...he said that seemed to be dead, but that Gannett was really pushing the WeatherPlus sub-channels and had been in a few fights with cable systems about carrying them. But that should only affect NBC affiliates.

If they don't get KPNX up when Phoenix HD lights up, I'll probably put off upgrading to the 622 as long as possible. We watch less than 10 network programs, and most of them are on NBC. After our little 2 week preview of Knight Rider HD...er...Universal HD, the only new MPEG-4 channel I'm interested in is World Cinema.

Atlanta Gannett HD Station Now Available

When I checked the Atlanta HD locals this evening, I was presently suprised to find the the Gannet NBC HD station available. This is great for me as I have multipath problems that prevent me from getting it OTA. I receive the other Atlanta HD stations OTA. I had the VIP 622 and Dish 1000 installed last Thursday and am really enjoying it.

JohnC said:
When I checked the Atlanta HD locals this evening, I was presently suprised to find the the Gannet NBC HD station available. This is great for me as I have multipath problems that prevent me from getting it OTA. I receive the other Atlanta HD stations OTA. I had the VIP 622 and Dish 1000 installed last Thursday and am really enjoying it.

Are you sure about this?

I just called to activate a 211 in Atlanta and was told WXIA was not available - in fact they brought this up themselves without my prodding - which surprised me considering your post here.

I flipped through last night and saw the black bands on the left and right of the screen for WXIA-11 out of Atlanta, so I assumed it was now being broadcasted. I have my HD channels mapped down to 2, 5, 11, and 46, so I didn't see if it was truely 6367 that was active.

I saw elsewhere on this forum that everything had been straightened out and Gannett stations were now broadcasting.

JohnC said:

John, I have been trying to decide whether to get the VIP 211 and DISH1000 now or wait since I have heard of so many bugs. Have you had anything go wrong with your 622?
Also, how strong is your 129 signal with the DISH1000? Thanks. Charlie P

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)