Gas Price Info With National Gas Temperature Map

Gas jumped 15 to 20 cents here near Charlotte on Tuesday AM..Has not gone up any since. About $2.35 for regular. AS of 4 pm EDT NYMEX Gasoline was up 11 cents per gallon to $1.89.. This represents a 30 cent per gallon increase since last Friday.One analyst issues a dire worst case scenario. He stated gas could rise as much as $1.00 per gallon in the Southeast and Midwest.
This all depends upon damage assessments at Texas refineries. And the length of time required to get refineries back on line

Gas jumped another 24 cents from $2.35 to $2.59.... Most stations are "price watching"...As most have raised their to $2.59. There is no price hunting here because the distributors have decided to collude. It happened when gas wat $4 per gallon before that, after Katrina. Every station in a given area was mysteriously charging identical prices.
Analysts are predicting some areas of the country, mainly the southeast and midwest will be over $3.00 per gallon in the next 10 to 14 days.
So in a week the cost of a full tank is now costing me $18 more. I'm staying home.
I had planned a trip after labor day to visit a friend in Minnesota. Have all kinds of stuff set up....Screw it. I'm not going. I refused to be ripped off like this....

Drove 10 miles to pick up a pizza, found a Murphy's at 2.49 where everyone else was at 2.59, so I topped off my already 3/4 full tank that I filled last week at 2.19.

Reactions: dfergie
Walmart & Murphy's $2.19 heading home last night from work, topped off this morning, going to top off her truck also today... (it won't go down soon, they will gouge all they can)
The marketplace is deciding the prices. Not the retailers. In fact the retailers are in the same boat as the consumer.
The price of gas is higher because the commodity is less plentiful. Supply and demand.

We have stabilized around $2.60 for regular. Some stations trying to cash in by going as high as $2.85.
Should be about a week or so before prices begin to fall.
Two things.
One, the summer driving season is over. Two, the refineries in the affected area will be back on line within two weeks.

With impending Irma on its way, no chance prices will fall here in FL. I just topped off and filled 2 5-gallon cans at 2.59