Gave up with VOOM - Say hello to Comcast HDTV

tik

Original poster
Dec 3, 2004
After 2 cancellation of the installation on my VOOM and 3rd appointment that I got from VOOM Customer services that set the install date on Dec. 18th witch it last Saturday. than I decided to gave VOOM one more chance. On Friday the day before the install date I was waiting for the phone call the installer name ADANT Wireless Inc. for the confirmation on the installation. until 3PM no phone call was made and I decided to make a phone call to VOOM to make sure they will come to install the VOOM dish this time... they(VOOM) said they usually call if they can not make it.. if it is no call that’s means they will come... I was so happy at that moment... I had to cancel my doctor appointment that on Saturday morning... just to wait for ADANT to come and install my dish...
4PM on Friday .... the bad news was started... ADANT called to cancel the installation with the same bull sh*t thing reasons... I not even said a word... just hang up and piss off as usual...
Called to Comcast to see if there is any special deal going on right now in my area and Yes the do! witch it very good deal right now... $49.99 for Platinum digital package for 1 year with no contract... plus Free new DVR/HDTV box up to 3 boxes(but I took 2) ... free Installation with next day installation. So I decided to take the offer from Comcast and set the appointment for next day witch it Saturday ...the guys from Comcast show up for Installation on next day as they promised and get it done within 2 hours.. now I had Comcast HDTV with HBO and Showtime for that price... F**k the VOOM... I am not even call VOOM to cancel the Service I'll let them wonder why my account is still on pending... I already canceled my Credit card account that I used to sign up with VOOM... and no way they can charge me for that ... if they(VOOM) call me for that I will tell them to keep their systems and s*** in their A**
All I have to do now just enjoy with my TV with Comcast HDTV witch it the quality is very good and all Digital Locals are in with no need to get the antenna or worry about the distance from the main antenna…no rain or snow problems…I can play with the DVR features on the Comcast box. Well BYE – BYE VOOM… I give VOOM 2 years the most before they will going down or sell to some one else if they not improve their services… So long ! Adios ! good bye DOOM!
By the way I am in Chicago area!

Sorry to hear about your bad installation experience. It's unfortunate that VOOM still has such a large percentage of unprofessional installers still on the payroll - these subcontractors are truly giving the company a black-eye. Anyway, thanks for posting your location.

Good luck.

This is why they need to start letting people do the install themselves. Most people can and if not probably know someone who can. I was one of the lucky ones who had a professional arrive on time and get the job done right with no call back. It's just too bad all the installs can go as well as mine did. That will eventually kill the company.

tik said:
Called to Comcast to see if there is any special deal going on right now in my area and Yes the do! witch it very good deal right now... $49.99 for Platinum digital package for 1 year with no contract... plus Free new DVR/HDTV box up to 3 boxes(but I took 2)

tik, could you give me a pointer where I can find this deal? It is positively not on the Comcast website for the Chicago area. Frankly, I don't believe that this deal exists.

andrzej said:
tik, could you give me a pointer where I can find this deal? It is positively not on the Comcast website for the Chicago area. Frankly, I don't believe that this deal exists.

This is the Dish trade in promotion. If you are currently with Dish network or Directv without any contract pending on that you can trade in your Dish's equipments with that promotion. It didn't shown on Comcast's website but you have to call them about it.... that's how I found out about the deal... I used to have Directv services but after I canceled I kept all the stuffs... but all that I got it for free from them anyway ... they don't care if the dish still active or not... good luck

Yep, all you have to do is tell them you have a dish and they will jump thru hoops, I am on the waiting list now for Comcast 6416 DVR (not the 6412, the new one which is out now in limited numbers), in my neighborhood last week they were going Door to Door to anyone who had a Dish, they offered a nice deal but I told them the only way I would switch is the DVR ( which is the same reason I would switch to Voom if they had one, that and my local RSN).

boatman said:
and the spelling
:shocked

I think it is all the "witch"es

Obviously hanging out with a negative element there.

:no

tik said:
This is the Dish trade in promotion. If you are currently with Dish network or Directv without any contract pending on that you can trade in your Dish's equipments with that promotion. It didn't shown on Comcast's website but you have to call them about it.... that's how I found out about the deal... I used to have Directv services but after I canceled I kept all the stuffs... but all that I got it for free from them anyway ... they don't care if the dish still active or not... good luck

The promotion in my area is $25 off of my monthly bill for 16 months. However, Digital Platinum package is $98.95 + $7.25 for HD + $15.45 for DVR. Not including taxes the total is $121.65. With the promotion it is $96.65. How come you could get 3 HD boxes for $49.99?

andrzej said:
The promotion in my area is $25 off of my monthly bill for 16 months. However, Digital Platinum package is $98.95 + $7.25 for HD + $15.45 for DVR. Not including taxes the total is $121.65. With the promotion it is $96.65. How come you could get 3 HD boxes for $49.99?

why don't you call Comcast about the promotion in Chicago land area! by the way I don't want to say more detail about Comcast because this is a VOOM forum!

tik said:
why don't you call Comcast about the promotion in Chicago land area! by the way I don't want to say more detail about Comcast because this is a VOOM forum!

I was just suggesting that maybe you should carefully read the small print on your agreement with Comcast. ;)

andrzej said:

Because thats the Digital Platinum package, he posted that he gets HBO and Showtime, which is the Digital Gold package, in my area he (Salesman that came to my Door) he offered me the HD Tuners-2( not the DVR) with the STB fee waived for a year, but I will only switched because of a DVR, call your local office, not the national one, you will get a better deal.

Here in the Portland area, CommieCrap Cable doesn't even carry 2 of the local digital stations because of "Pissing Wars". Enjoy your every 6 month rate increases.

I grew tired battling the local Adelphia outfit so I dropped them a few years back. However, I decided to try their 'Special HD DVR' offer back in September since...well, you know the deal with VOOM. The HD package was somewhat skinny...14, which included locals, but the HD DVR (as plain as a bottle of vanilla extract) was reliable and a huge hit in our home - it altered the way we viewed [HD]TV.

They still offered the same horrible PQ on their SD channels and ran every aspect of their operation just as poorly as when I kicked them to the curb years ago. So I terminated my Adelphia service prior to 1 December. Anyway, I you have better luck with Comcast because I can't imagine much worse than Adelphia.

DarrellP said:
Here in the Portland area, CommieCrap Cable doesn't even carry 2 of the local digital stations because of "Pissing Wars". Enjoy your every 6 month rate increases.

Every area different, here ( Detroit area) they offer all networks (except WB,UPN) and the price locked for the year, but the money is not my issue, the DVR is, if Voom said we now have the DVR and your local RSN, I am on the phone, I am missing too many shows that are on the networks, like on Wednesdays when both Lost and Smallville are on in HD, I can record Lost and watch Smallville on my Samy-165 OTA STB, I don't care about recording cable/sat channels because those shows are repeated so many times.

bruce said:
Because thats the Digital Platinum package, he posted that he gets HBO and Showtime, which is the Digital Gold package, ....

He said Digital Platinum. Anyway, I wish him good luck. :)

A previous Comcast HD Customer

I've been a Comcast customer before comcast bought AT&T cable services
and had Comcat HD , I live 30 feet away from the Comcast Fibra Optic Distribution box for our area, and I have and enjoy Comcast High speed internet ( at 3.2 Mbps ) Comcast Service is 100% in my book things just seem to go perfect with comcast service - equipment I can ask for no better

And Yes I spend most of my time on this web site posting my compalints about Installs inc. / Rain Fade / and electronics and un realibility Voom's Sat Box But on the other hand I am a prefectionist when it comes to HD TV

I had Voom HD with Comast HD at the same time doing a comparison side by side test using the 1080i HD broadcast of " Finding Nemo " and other very high definition super high quality content and in a side by side comparison VoomHD vs Comcast HD both with DVI to 1080i with Dolby 5.1 surround
There is no question that Voom Satalite is superior in both HD picture and especially Dolby 5.1 surround :cool:

I ran side by side test for about two months complements of Comcast Cable and I found while I've have the best quality Comcast HD quality they can supply ... Voom HD reception both video and audio is the best out yet :music

Comcast has only a a few HD channels and you pay for all preimums ala-cart
local channels are of cable quality only , all my local channels are (ota) over the air digital and HD via a Voom supplied digital antenna about 34 local stations (that is when my Voom sat box is not malfunctioning)

Voom subcontracts their installation with Installs Inc which seems to outsource as well. Comcast works perfect in the rain , and had outstanding service and repair Voom does not :D

Voom has the most varity of HD content and when all works it the best HD reception and sound available on earth today ;)

To me the most important thing is Superior HD resolution and sound quality
and I have to just accept that I am little more then voulantery paying Beta Tester for Voom a company that has a way to go in it's evolutionaly development :rolleyes:

As much as I find fault with Voom's prototype beta version equipment and Installs Inc. service history Voom's future development pipline will make HD history. :eureka

Happy Holidays
Voom's paying Beta Tester ;)

Voomster :rainbow

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)