Gave up with VOOM - Say hello to Comcast HDTV

Voomster said:
I had Voom HD with Comast HD at the same time doing a comparison side by side test using the 1080i HD broadcast of " Finding Nemo " and other very high definition super high quality content and in a side by side comparison VoomHD vs Comcast HD both with DVI to 1080i with Dolby 5.1 surround
There is no question that Voom Satalite is superior in both HD picture and especially Dolby 5.1 surround :cool:

My only question is this, what HD broadcast of " Finding Nemo ", it has reported over and over it was a up-convert on Starz-HD, the only pixar movies shown in HD have been on ABC, and Nemo has not been on there yet.

Voomster said:
And Yes I spend most of my time on this web site posting my compalints about Installs inc. / Rain Fade / and electronics and un realibility Voom's Sat Box But on the other hand I am a prefectionist when it comes to HD TV
The Royal Order of Renowned Perfectionists is going to have to reconsider your current membership status.

Voomster said:
I've been a Comcast customer before comcast bought AT&T cable services
and had Comcat HD , I live 30 feet away from the Comcast Fibra Optic Distribution box for our area, and I have and enjoy Comcast High speed internet ( at 3.2 Mbps ) Comcast Service is 100% in my book things just seem to go perfect with comcast service - equipment I can ask for no better

And Yes I spend most of my time on this web site posting my compalints about Installs inc. / Rain Fade / and electronics and un realibility Voom's Sat Box But on the other hand I am a prefectionist when it comes to HD TV

I had Voom HD with Comast HD at the same time doing a comparison side by side test using the 1080i HD broadcast of " Finding Nemo " and other very high definition super high quality content and in a side by side comparison VoomHD vs Comcast HD both with DVI to 1080i with Dolby 5.1 surround
There is no question that Voom Satalite is superior in both HD picture and especially Dolby 5.1 surround :cool:

I ran side by side test for about two months complements of Comcast Cable and I found while I've have the best quality Comcast HD quality they can supply ... Voom HD reception both video and audio is the best out yet :music

Comcast has only a a few HD channels and you pay for all preimums ala-cart
local channels are of cable quality only , all my local channels are (ota) over the air digital and HD via a Voom supplied digital antenna about 34 local stations (that is when my Voom sat box is not malfunctioning)

Voom subcontracts their installation with Installs Inc which seems to outsource as well. Comcast works perfect in the rain , and had outstanding service and repair Voom does not :D

Voom has the most varity of HD content and when all works it the best HD reception and sound available on earth today ;)

To me the most important thing is Superior HD resolution and sound quality
and I have to just accept that I am little more then voulantery paying Beta Tester for Voom a company that has a way to go in it's evolutionaly development :rolleyes:

As much as I find fault with Voom's prototype beta version equipment and Installs Inc. service history Voom's future development pipline will make HD history. :eureka

Happy Holidays
Voom's paying Beta Tester ;)

Voomster :rainbow

I am agreeing 100% with VOOMSTER, I would love to have a VOOM for service and experiences the HD quality that's why I was sign up for it. But after 3 failures of the installer guy that turned me off and make me go with the alternate. Plus I need the Internet service with Comcast as well, with that combo package it was save me a lot $$... I will wait until every thing getting better with VOOM than I might conceder once more.

Can't compare

Hands down Cable has better deals than any Satellite service. BUT if you have a big screen, Cable is like going back to Black and White! It shuoldn't even be an option unless your the type of person that likes Comedy Central and MTV to look like a beat up old VHS tape. SD channels look terrible. I mean "Why does your TV look like that" terrible.
If cable stepped their game up and made all of their channels digital their would be no reason to be on any satellite service besides the Sunday Ticket.

Comcast does not offer any HD in my area.

In fact, their digital cable box doesn't even have a digital audio output, despite the local office insisting that they offer DD 5.1 sound with the premium movie channels.

Don't even ask about component video ouput.

Shelly

Funny,
I just got my Voom service installed last week & cancled chicago Comcast. The voom installers cancled my first install and so I had to reschedule, plus Voom gave me a $25 credit. I called the installers several times to verify they were coming, the squeeky wheel definately gets the attention.. :)

As for Comcast in chicago, it sucks, you only get a few HD channels(1 Hbo, 1 sho, 1 max in HD), and they don't carry all the local HD channels. With VOom I get all HD local stations, plus all the other 30+ channles in HD that comcast doesn't have....

Not to mention the COmcast guide/menu system drize you nutz, you can never find anything, and darn thing doesn't let you access the guide and watch tv at the same time...

Cancled Comcast

Funny,
I just got my Voom service installed last week & cancled chicago Comcast. The voom installers cancled my first install and so I had to reschedule, plus Voom gave me a $25 credit. I called the installers several times to verify they were coming, the squeeky wheel definately gets the attention..

As for Comcast in chicago, it sucks, you only get a few HD channels(1 Hbo, 1 sho, 1 max in HD), and they don't carry all the local HD channels. With VOom I get all HD local stations, plus all the other 30+ channles in HD that comcast doesn't have....

Not to mention the COmcast guide/menu system drize you nutz, you can never find anything, and darn thing doesn't let you access the guide and watch tv at the same time...
Edit/Delete Message

parrothd said:
Funny,
I just got my Voom service installed last week & cancled chicago Comcast. The voom installers cancled my first install and so I had to reschedule, plus Voom gave me a $25 credit. I called the installers several times to verify they were coming, the squeeky wheel definately gets the attention.. :)

you better read to the Comcast website see where they are right now... Local HD in Chicago are in there and this one you don't need the Antena to get it... nice and clear in the snow and raining day! here is the list of Comcast HD that I have:

173 ESPN HD

174 iN DEMAND HD 1

175 iN DEMAND HD 2

185 Showtime HD

186 HBO HD

187 WLS-DT (ABC)

188 WMAQ-DT (NBC)

189 WBBM-DT (CBS)

190 WFLD-DT (FOX)

191 WTTW-DT (PBS)

192 WGN-DT

195 Cinemax HD

196 STARZ! HD

205 Discovery HD Theater

parrothd said:
Funny,
I just got my Voom service installed last week & cancled chicago Comcast. The voom installers cancled my first install and so I had to reschedule, plus Voom gave me a $25 credit. I called the installers several times to verify they were coming, the squeeky wheel definately gets the attention..

Edit/Delete Message

I am going to be switching to Comcast soon, but from E*. I will keep E* HD package, distant networks, & Supers, on just 1 TV. Comcast can give me Comcast Sportsnet HD, no one else can. This channel alone is enough to make the switch for me. Don't give a rats ass about movie channels. ANd the only Chicago network that is in HD and not on my Comcast is UPN and I get that OTA no problem. Plus, I can now turn My antenna to Milwaukee and pick up most of their programming. The analog system is good enough for my kids rooms, etc. Maybe when E* or D* gets their head out of their ass and add the RSN HD feeds I'll look at coming back.

tik said:
you better read to the Comcast website see where they are right now... Local HD in Chicago are in there and this one you don't need the Antena to get it... nice and clear in the snow and raining day! here is the list of Comcast HD that I have:

173 ESPN HD

174 iN DEMAND HD 1

175 iN DEMAND HD 2

185 Showtime HD

186 HBO HD

187 WLS-DT (ABC)

188 WMAQ-DT (NBC)

189 WBBM-DT (CBS)

190 WFLD-DT (FOX)

191 WTTW-DT (PBS)

192 WGN-DT

195 Cinemax HD

196 STARZ! HD

205 Discovery HD Theater

Thats a Pretty short list, even OTA I get: abc,cbs,nbc, 2 wgn's, 2 wttws, and a crap load of other stations that don't have HD content, but are digital & FREE... :p

9d1
9d2
11d1
11d2
20d1
26d1
26d2
32d1
35d1
38d1
38d2
38d3
38d4
38d5
36d6
44d1
50d1
60d1
62d1
66d1

parrothd said:
Thats a Pretty short list, even OTA I get: abc,cbs,nbc, 2 wgn's, 2 wttws, and a crap load of other stations that don't have HD content, but are digital & FREE... :p

I was thinking the same. I'm in Baltimore, and Comcast only offers a few Baltimore HD channels, and no DC HD Channels. I'ld loose the 'Skins in HD! Can't have that!!!

But my biggest beef with Comcast is the $65/month fee for *BASIC* cable. Ouch.

-John

parrothd said:

9d1
9d2
11d1
11d2
20d1
26d1
26d2
32d1
35d1
38d1
38d2
38d3
38d4
38d5
36d6
44d1
50d1
60d1
62d1
66d1

The only HD you'll get from this list is 2, 5, 7, 9, 11, 32 & 50 for the 2 or 3 shows they have. YOu won't get any Hd programming from any of the subschannels. You should also the getting 7.2 & 7.3. 7.2 is ABC news now & 7.3 is weather 24/7.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)