GB-PVR Software

Status
Please reply by conversation.

netbuilder

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 2, 2007
Missouri
Anyone out there using or tried this software: gbpvr.com - Home ?

I have been using DVBDream (works OK I guess) and struggled with MythTV and just getting frustrated with stability with those and in multiple software platforms.

I ran across GB-PVR today and it looks VERY promising. I was just wondering if anyone could provide some feedback before I dive in head first on this one.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I played with it for a while. It seems stable and has a very nice "pvr" feel to it. I used it with a skystar2 card. It has built in support for xmltv tv guide from schedules direct. That is great if you can find a listing for the channels that you are watching. I set it up to import the epg for the carribbean networks. Ultimatly I abandoned it because of no support for multiple pid recording of channels on the same transponder. I still am considering using it to watch recordings from other applications. Currently I use DvbViewer to record, but use Media Player Classic to watch my recordings.

I used GBPVR a couple of years ago before switching to Sage. It's pretty good for freeware. I haven't looked at it in a while, but if you don't want to pay the money for Sage it's probably a good way to go.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)