General question 311 / 522 question

cehenderson

Original poster
Dec 16, 2006
I have dual turner 522 and a 311 tuner. The 311 had been unplugged while doing some remodeling in the room. When I tried to plug it in and connect the sat and tv, it was faulting on acquiring the signal and appears the settings have been reset. It just cycles through the transponders for the "Default Satellite" , not 110 or 119 as the dual tuner does.

I have run "Check Switch" test and it fails - no switch detected. Is there some other setting I need to try?

I have tried to following the wiring in the attic and it appears one of the cables from the sat goes directly to the 311 and the other goes to the 522 and then a series splitters and then the dual inputs into the 522.

Thanks,

Carl

Separators, maybe- but not splitters. You cannot split a satellite signal like that.

I have dual turner 522 and a 311 tuner. The 311 had been unplugged while doing some remodeling in the room. When I tried to plug it in and connect the sat and tv, it was faulting on acquiring the signal and appears the settings have been reset. It just cycles through the transponders for the "Default Satellite" , not 110 or 119 as the dual tuner does.

I have run "Check Switch" test and it fails - no switch detected. Is there some other setting I need to try?

I have tried to following the wiring in the attic and it appears one of the cables from the sat goes directly to the 311 and the other goes to the 522 and then a series splitters and then the dual inputs into the 522.

Thanks,

Carl

Take the #311 receiver to where the #522 receiver is located.
Disconnect both feeds from the back of the #522 receiver.
Put one of the known working feeds that were into the #522 receiver and put into the #311 receiver.
Do a check switch test on the #311.
If the #311 receiver proceeds as normal and a signal is detected then you have eliminated part of your search for the problem.

The only thing that was changed was with the cable in the room of remodeling.
Try a new end on the cable or replace cable. Should fix.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)