General Questions from a Complete Newbie

TEX4S

Original poster
Feb 24, 2014
Texas
I have been asked to set up internet connectivity for a company in Fiji. The location is 40 miles from the city. The production plant needs some form of broadband & I know nothing about Satellite tech.

Can someone tell me what the options would be for getting internet connectivity to a tropical island in South Pacific ? LOL

It isnt cost effective to have lines run from the city to the production plant - (too far)

What are the modern speeds/abilities of a "C- band" dish ? (Im assuming the large format dishes are called C-band ?)

I am terribly sorry if this is not the proper forum section, method, or site for these types of questions, but like I said - I am a complete neophyte and have been tasked with a large project.

Thank You

-and if I am on the right path; can someone tell me what avg. speeds are these days in this type of environment ?

I wasnt aware of that - thank you - its definately a start.

Yes, it is a large project. My background is in IT, however from a SysAdmin standpoint, never dealing with this kind of stuff. But thats just another reason what makes this exciting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts