Genie box question

Alan_Hepburn

Original poster
Mar 1, 2020
San Jose, Ca USA
I'm trying to troubleshoot an issue with our DirecTV boxes. We have an H44-500 Genie in the living room, and a C41-700 mini-Genie in the den. My wife complains that the closed captioning in the living room does not work well. So, I wanted to swap the 2 boxes to see if the issue is a box problem, but when I try to connect the Genie in the den it doesn't connect to the antenna. There is a single cable coming from the LNB to a splitter, which then sends the signal to the 2 rooms. So, it shouldn't matter which cable connects to which box, but apparently it does. My other option would be to lug the den TV into the living room and connect it to the Genie, but that is more work!

If you switch locations with a Genie and a client you must also switch the connections on the splitter going to the dish if you don't have a power inserter, or relocate the power inserter along with the Genie. It must be in line with the Genie. Either the power inserter or the Genie supplies voltage to the lnb on the dish and it must pass through the splitter on the power passing port designated by the red line on the splitter.

Reactions: Alan_Hepburn
If you switch locations with a Genie and a client you must also switch the connections on the splitter going to the dish if you don't have a power inserter, or relocate the power inserter along with the Genie. It must be in line with the Genie. Either the power inserter or the Genie supplies voltage to the lnb on the dish and it must pass through the splitter on the power passing port designated by the red line on the splitter.
Thanks, Chip - that makes sense.

Reactions: raoul5788

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)