Genie HR34 with multiple HR21 DVRs and C31 Clients

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Robb18

Original poster
Dec 4, 2012
Cleveland Ohio
I have a new HR34 (Genie) media server from DirecTV as well as two older HR21's all connected and networked via the Whole Home DVR configuration. In the main room, where the three units are located, my playlist shows a combined playlist from all three DVRs. Regardless of which DVR I am currently looking at (Genie or one of the HR21s). This is great! I have 2 C31 clients connected to remote TVs (Bedroom and Kitchen). On those devices I can watch discreet channels live and see the HR34's playlist to view previously recorded content. But only content recorded on the Genie. The problem is on the C31 clients I do NOT get the combined playlist containing all three DVR's playlists. What am I doing wrong? This is one of the main reasons I moved to the Whole Home DVR package in the first place.

Thanks in advance.

Rob

I'm going to go out on a limb, and assume the Clients only work with the HR 34.

Now I can't confirm.
From what I'm hearing, its in a Future software update, But again no Idea when that is.

I just upgraded to a Genie and a c31 this past weekend. I also have a HR24 and like you the Genie can see the playlist on the HR24 and the HR24 can see the playlist on the Genie, but the C31 cant see the playlist on the HR24. The tech messed with it for a while and couldnt get it to work, so he called and checked to make sure that it was suppost to be able to and they told him that there was software updates coming in the next week or two that would enable the C31 to work with other HR recievers.

I really like being able to see ALL playlists on ALL recievers so if this isnt done in afew weeks I will be calling and getting rid of the C31 for a H25, cause I was told that the C31 woud be able to see the HR24.

Apparently this is an HR34 firmware-related issue. Hopefully this and other bugs will be addressed in the near future with firmware releases.

I've read that some of the CE firmwares allows for the C31 clients to see the playlists on ALL the receivers on the 'Whole Home.'

Maybe someone else with better knowledge on this subject can chime in and either confirm or deny this.

At this point the C-31's can only see what is recorded on the HR34. They are working on the ability for the C-31 to see content from all DVR's in the system. I have had a couple installs that the C-31 could see what was on list from HR24's, but it would not play them.

I believe the latest C31 software solves this problem. You should get it soon (and no, you can't force a download on the C31)

Not so far, at least not for me. One of my C31's seemed to upgrade to the latest software, the other has not yet. But, on neither can I see or perform actions on a combined list. :-(

I believe the latest C31 software solves this problem. You should get it soon (and no, you can't force a download on the C31)

How are the C31 firmwares rolled out?

Also what is the latest/newest firmware version for the C31?

Thx

I can now see HR24 content via playlist on my C31...playback is unsuccessful. It gives me a no audio/video packets available from server error.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts