Md
woke up to a blank genie (hr34)

all recordings, all schedules, all favorites, all quick tunes

its all gone

not a real happy camper at the moment

dvr was 50% full. mostly movies from free previews we had not watched yet

the pain is setting up the series and favorites again

time to call customer service, see if i can get an hr44

well CS was not help, it passed the onscreen diagnostics, time to email the president

Did you try the Red Button Reboot? The Office of the President is not going to do anything about this. Even though it passed diagnostics, does not mean that something else is wrong. Do you have an external hard drive connected?

If I had to take a fair guess, something scrambled its brain most likely. Look on the bright side. They may send you a HR44/700.

If there is ever a data corruption the drive will wipe during a reboot. You may have had a system update, power failure, or initiated reboot during which the drive formatted. It is rare but does happen, has happened to me once as well.

I would run a full test on the hard drive to be sure there is nothing wrong. During a reboot the third screen is a testing screen, press select on that screen and you will enter the diagnostic menu. From there you can run a long hard drive test - it will take hours - but will let you know if there is any problem with the drive.

DirecTV will only replace the HR34 if there is a problem with it, such as the drive test giving an error code. If it passes, it was likely just a data corruption that unfortunately cost you the recordings, but the box is otherwise alright.

more info as i delve deeper into it

there was a software update the night it happened.

i am sorry, but it is not acceptable to wipe everything for a software update, that tells me there is a problem with the device.

directv is shipping me a new one, just received an email from them

more info as i delve deeper into it

there was a software update the night it happened.

i am sorry, but it is not acceptable to wipe everything for a software update, that tells me there is a problem with the device.

directv is shipping me a new one, just received an email from them
They do not wipe recordings when there is a software update. What happened is that there was a corruption when the software update happened. Time to call in and tell them that the unit is no longer working, and see if they will send you a replacement.

They do not wipe recordings when there is a software update. What happened is that there was a corruption when the software update happened. Time to call in and tell them that the unit is no longer working, and see if they will send you a replacement.

replacement on the way

mdram, Had the same thing happen and several of the forum members stated the HD in my Genie was crashing. Did you email or call DTV? I tried to call their 5000 number and the answering machine is looping, states that it is connecting to tech support and then starts the greeting all over again. Problem is I work during the day... hard for me to bolt home... call DTV and then do the tech diagnosis with them to get a replacement sent. Will have to take an afternoon off which I can't afford. Thanks for your reply.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts