Genie Issues - Hard Drive Test?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

glen4cindy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 14, 2004
St. Louis MO, area
My Genie seems to be giving me some issues.

I've had about 3 different shows just not play when we've tried to watch them.

It appears as if the entire episode was recorded, it will actually start and then freeze. It either happens right at the beginning of the episode or it might play for some amount of the recording and then freeze and refuse to move past that point. It still looks as if the rest of it is there but it will not play past the point where it freezes.

The hard drive is about 50% full so I would hate to lose everything. I'm wondering if there is some system test I can run without losing the recordings.

This Genie is a HR34-700.

It appears as if the entire episode was recorded, it will actually start and then freeze. It either happens right at the beginning of the episode or it might play for some amount of the recording and then freeze and refuse to move past that point. It still looks as if the rest of it is there but it will not play past the point where it freezes.

The hard drive is about 50% full so I would hate to lose everything. I'm wondering if there is some system test I can run without losing the recordings.

HR34 Genie scandisk question

HR34 Genie scandisk question

Your hard drive may well be failing. I suggest watching all of your recorded shows, then calling directv and telling them your genie is dead, won't even boot up. They will send you an HR44.

Reactions: TermiNader
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)