GenieGo vs Sling

Status
Please reply by conversation.
There is no reason you can't get a Slingbox and connect it to a DirecTV receiver. Then you can do what ever your want with content delivered to your DirecTV receiver.

The Genie Go is just the old DIRECTV Nomad with a new name.

You can't watch live tv outside your house with it.

As JohnL said you can connect a Slingbox to your DIRECTV receiver and watch your TV anywhere.

I have a Slingbox, but I also have the XFinity TV app that does a pretty good job of streaming content to me while on the go. Of course, since I'm not a complete loser and can wait to watch my shows on one of big screen HDTVs instead of viewing it on a small screen while I should be working, driving, eating, or paying attention to a friend or family member sitting next to me. :)

I'm still trying to figure out why Directv calls it Directv Anywhere. We can only watch 2 live networks away from home. I'd rather that feature then watching on demand. I wish we could watch the DVR content even if we're restricted to home network viewing.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Nomad is a joke. I bought it a month ago and I still have yet to be able to watch something. You have to let it run for the full length of time that the recorded show lasts. You can't go out of the app and let it run in the background, because it won't run. Just not very practical.

Nomad is a joke. I bought it a month ago and I still have yet to be able to watch something. You have to let it run for the full length of time that the recorded show lasts. You can't go out of the app and let it run in the background, because it won't run. Just not very practical.

Just like the Hopper with Sling it's a real time (aka 1:1) process for transcoding a recording to prepare it so you can transfer it to your portable device. However Nomad does allow you to queue up a bunch (I've had over 60 recordings in the queue) that it processes without having a client connected. When you're ready to transfer the recording then yes the client needs to stay open while that happens but it's a much quicker process, depending on your wireless network. I can transfer a 1 hour show in about 4 to 5 minutes.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts