Genpix Skywalker 1

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I can lock the turbofec qpsk tp on 77w with skywalker-1
Sorry, I misread your post. With the new firmware, all Genpix tuners should be able to tune turbo coded QPSK and the newer Fec rates. If this new chip can as well, it would be great to have an "all-in-one" tuner for PC satellite.

the Broadcom 4505 ? ya who knows, I havent seen any src to alow a dumb guy like me to figure it out. I dable here and there in source code, but I dont know anywhere enough to write a ko module from scratch, especially without documentation.

There are linux ko released for this chipset, but the header files are sparse and dont give enough information to determine if the ko actually supports turbofec already (I doubt it as its not officially apart of the v4l-dvb tree anyways) so we would need the ko src and add it, but even then, youd still have to know what registers set the turbofec param

just cause its in hardware doesnt mean the software supports it, just means if someone with enough smarts and money comes along they can get it to work :) Thats what genpix did, it wasnt easy nor cheap for him to get the 8psk-to-usb adapter nor skywalker-1/2 to market

Sorry, I misread your post. With the new firmware, all Genpix tuners should be able to tune turbo coded QPSK and the newer Fec rates. If this new chip can as well, it would be great to have an "all-in-one" tuner for PC satellite.

I wouldn't mind them changing tuners to do S2 too, but there is also DCII. I would prefer that they just stay with what they have now, if it meant losing the DCII capability. Ie I already have S2 capability elsewhere, but the DCII and turbo modes are pretty unique. Wouldn't want to lose either of those.

esp since a good dvb-s2 usb tuner costs about $65, and there isnt any other pc tuner that does DGII, and only one other that does DSS as well.

the skywalker-1 does alot for its price, adding dvb-s2 but loosing DGII and DSS would imo make it less valuable.

I have to agree with updatelee. You can always add a second tuner for your s2 needs. As far as the genpix, it is the next best thing to a commercial receiver for fta dcII

A new receiver that uses genpix. www.captiveworks.org/docs/CW4000HD_Quickstart_0.1.pdf

The only problem is receiver only has dvb card. to get DCII have to buy skywalker 2 card extra.

What is the number of DCII channels etc watchable with skywalker2 ? wonder if it is worth $180 extra ? :confused:

If you have C-band , it might be worth it. I only rarely catch anything on DCII on ku band . Playing with the circular turbo stuff is a little more likely to be useful.
:)

I thought all DCII stuff was encrypted, even the so called free stuff. You have to have a box that has been subbed once to get the FTA stuff.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Latest posts