“George Carlin Radio” to Launch on SiriusXM

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
“George Carlin Radio” to Launch on SiriusXM

Uncensored, limited-run channel dedicated to the legendary, groundbreaking career, life and artistry of the man who changed the face of comedy

Exclusive channel to launch in celebration of the 40th anniversary of the recording of “FM & AM”

NEW YORK–June 20, 2011– Sirius XM Radio (NASDAQ: SIRI) announced today, upon the third anniversary of his passing (June 22, 2008) and the 40th anniversary of the recording of his groundbreaking album FM & AM (June 25-June 26, 1971), that it will launch “George Carlin Radio.” The exclusive channel will air Saturday, June 25 starting at 6:00 am ET through Sunday, June 26 at 11:59 pm ET on channel 104.

The weekend-long, uncensored channel created to honor one of the greatest comedians of all time will showcase Carlin’s unparalleled body of work, which spanned more than 50 years, including classic stand-up routines like “Seven Dirty Words” and “Baseball vs. Football” and excerpts from his audio book When Will Jesus Bring the Pork Chops?

In addition to hearing FM & AM in its entirety, SiriusXM listeners will hear tracks from Carlin’s iconic, Grammy®-Award winning albums, including Class Clown, Occupation: Foole, On The Road, Indecent Exposure, Toledo Window Box, A Place For My Stuff, and George Carlin: It's Bad for Ya.

“George Carlin Radio” will also include interviews with Carlin’s daughter, Kelly; brother, Patrick and longtime friend and business partner Jerry Hamza.

“The fact that SiriusXM is devoting a whole weekend to my father's work and life gives me great hope during these crazy times,” said Kelly Carlin. “More than ever the world needs his unique take on religion, politics and pussy farts.”

“George Carlin single-handedly changed the face of comedy,” said Scott Greenstein, President and Chief Content Officer, SiriusXM. “Satellite radio has always been the home of uncensored comedy and Carlin has been a part of that from the beginning, so we are honored to pay tribute to the legendary stand-up comedian.”

“George Carlin Radio” will also feature archival interviews Carlin recorded with SiriusXM comedy hosts over the years, including his visit to Unmasked, the original SiriusXM comedy show that inaugurated with the Carlin interview in 2007.

For more information, please visit Home - SiriusXM Radio.

I was able, while in college, to see Carlin live. Came out, and for the first 15 minutes, did the words you can't say on TV... had a computer printout from a dot-matrix ribbon-fed printer that streamed about 100 feet behind him... laughed so hard I almost peed my pants...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)