Geosatpro hdvr3500 vcm acm and other questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

joshrr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 19, 2010
Michigan's Upper Peninsula
Ive been kind of following the huge geosat pro hdvr 3500 thread. Its so large im unable to find the answers to the following. Is it still being sold? I hear it does acm/vcm and plays music choice. Is that true? Did I read correctly that its recording/timeshift functions are not fully functional? Can Someone still buy one? Not interested in the drama just the facts thanks!

I also heard theres the openbox diamond and vivant viv 001 box or something which can both do acm/vcm as they use a similar chipset as the hdvr 3500. Any other boxes out there that do acm/vcm? Mostly interested in the 3500.

Side note i heard there was some kind of technomate box that might do 4.2.2 and acm vcm. Its either in development or possibly done but doubt it. Thanks for any info on all this

Have not kept up with openbox in awhile and have never heard of techomate. This may be part of the reason for less answers.

Ive been kind of following the huge geosat pro hdvr 3500 thread. Its so large im unable to find the answers to the following. Is it still being sold? I hear it does acm/vcm and plays music choice. Is that true? Did I read correctly that its recording/timeshift functions are not fully functional? Can Someone still buy one? Not interested in the drama just the facts thanks!

I also heard theres the openbox diamond and vivant viv 001 box or something which can both do acm/vcm as they use a similar chipset as the hdvr 3500. Any other boxes out there that do acm/vcm? Mostly interested in the 3500.

Side note i heard there was some kind of technomate box that might do 4.2.2 and acm vcm. Its either in development or possibly done but doubt it. Thanks for any info on all this
I do not have one of these myself so I only know what I have read in the thread you mentioned. Thread did state it does acm/vcm. Seems they are working hard to fix several issues with the HDVR3500 through firmware releases. Unsure about present state of recording functions. If you are serious about buying one and are willing to work through the current issues as they fix them then they are available here: Amazon product ASIN B011Q0G4LQ I would suggest reading the complete thread from beginning to end to see what has transpired before jumping in. :)

Reactions: . Raine
The HDVR3500 does receive the ACM type Music Choice channels. I am not aware of any consumer STB that receives VCM. Maybe Satellite AV could address the specifics of ACM and VCM capabilities as no official specs are provided for the receiver.

SD channels don't have time shift/DVR problems, but HD channels still have significant issues. One user suggests the issues seem related to the internal flash drive (swapped to another flash and the time shift/DVR problems cleared up and cpu load reduced) another had reduced issues by reseating the heat sink with more appropriate paste and quantity.

Reactions: . Raine
Thanks to all for the replies. The only other box I know of that will do ACM for sure (and maybe VCM) is the Openbox Diamond. Uses the same chipset basically as the HDVR 3500 and reports of it confirmed working on other forums. No sellers in the US that I know of. I have a bunch of USB 1gig/2gig exernal USB hard drives Id have used those anyways then any internal flash. There were some limited reports of the unit rebooting even just changing channels but again it may seem that those issues were again linked to time shift. I'll seriously consider this box since it DOES have new advanced satellite receiving features even though it may not be quite polished yet. It sounds like its getting there.

The Vivant Viv-001 is nearly identical to the HDVR3500 in hardware, if not identical. But- and it's a big but - the firmware isn't. The firmware for the Viv-001 leaves a lot to be desired. Not sure if you can even buy it over here in quantities of just one or two either?

The HDVR3500 does hold promise as being a good sat receiver. There's a lot I do like about it, but it is still very much a work in progress, bugs are still being ironed out of it. I'd say read through the HDVR3500 thread like Fta4pa suggested and post in the HDVR3500 thread to ask Eugene [SatAv] directly about VCM, etc. I myself don't know anything about the Openbox or Technomate boxes you'd mentioned.

Going over the thread there appears to be quite a few issues that were not addressed as fixed. The updates seemed to be for recording issues and IPTV issues not the satellite issues that were reported.
Good luck with whatever decision you make. A bit too expensive and with the uncertainties makes it one huge probable pitfall.

Did buy the HDVR-3500. Nice box. Very nice. Thankfully I came into it after all the latest fixes. Have a couple outstanding questions but with functional ACM for Music Choice (which works great) and a simply great picture for HD and SD vs my other boxes this unit is really nice. The tuner is very sensitive. It even picks up the Oklahoma NPR feed on 99West with is really really narrow 1200 symbol rate dvb-s2 on my 10ft unimesh. NONE of my other boxes will tune this stable. They bounce between 72qual and zero. This box... 80quality solid takes 15 seconds to lock it but after it locks. Rock solid. Amazing. I cant get it to scan in Movies on 101West though and Decades and Heroes and Icons keep scanning in on the wrong frequencies but work. Have a question in to them on those but not a big deal since they are actually working on the wrong frequencies haha but Movies feed shows 99qual but wont scan in any channels. Works fine on my other three boxes (S9,amiko-8240 etc). Ive heard of that issue with other boxes too. 1TB WD black tagged on the rear USB for recording.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)