GEOSATpro SL2-Bullet LNBF - Review

Status
Please reply by conversation.

guapoharry

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 19, 2006
32ºN 111ºW
On the GEOSATpro SL2-Bullet LNBF box, it is billed as the "Smallest High Performance Dual Output LNBF in the World". Someone other than me might be a better authority to judge that claim. But look at the pictures.

In the attached pictures, there is a KUL2 dual on the upper left, the GEOSATpro SL2 dual on the upper right, and a Fortec FSKU-v UNI single at the bottom. The GEOSATpro SL2 is tiny. It is the size of a single and the feedhorn is no larger in diameter than the 40mm feed mounting.

Specs:

Standard, Linear Polarization

Reception Frequency:
Ku High Band

RF Input:
11.7-12.75 Ghz

L.O. Frequency:
10.75 Ghz

IF Output:
950-2000 Mhz

Noise Figure:
0.4 dB (typ)

Gain:
60dB (typ)

After winning two of these LNBFs in a SatelliteGuys contest, (disclaimer) I have had the opportunity to try out this unit for about two months. I am really happy with the performance.

As a comparison with the other 0.4 dB NF LNBFs I have, it does as well or slightly better than the others at about half the size. I believe this is due to the 60dB gain spec.

For people using dishes with a single tubular LNBF mount, you know how the imported dishes can be a little too flexible. Low mass and small size of this LNBF should be a benefit. I don't think it will be prone as the others are to catch wind, flexing the mounting under their own weight.

Also, for people deploying multi LNB dishes, or those who have use for a monoblock, you can place these LNBFs very closely together if need be. Accordingly, this unit would be an excellent pick.

Attachments

• SL2-SIDE.jpg
    SL2-SIDE.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 381
  • SL2-BOTTOM.jpg
    SL2-BOTTOM.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 355
Those look very nice. I have the single output versions and work great. The duals are more versatile :)

Any thoughts on whether this might work for sats 2-degrees apart on a 1M dish? I'm thinking to put up a second non-motorized dish this summer and if I could get G18 and AMC21 on one dish that would be king!

Thanks Iceberg, I've been away a long time so I'm slowly catching up on threads. Any dish that I add would be a max of 1M so I'll rule this out. I'm also not handy enough to do customized modifications. It would be nice to have G18 and AMC21 together but it's not a huge issue considering the short time to motor between the two.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)