Gerlad

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Gerlad

Original poster
Nov 23, 2009
Aurora, IN
Hello, I just joined the SatelliteGuys today.
I have an older RCA dual LNB dish. I recently purchased a new receiver that has dual Satellite inputs, and an off air input.
I also purchased a 3X4 Zinwell multiswitch. If I connect the two leads from the satelitte dish and also a uhf/vhf antenna to the inputs of themulti switch, what do I use to connect two leads to the dual satellite receiver input and also the off air antenna. My intent at present is to connect from the the 3X4 multiswitch to two DVR's and two receivers.
Please Help.

Thanks,

Gerlad

Not sure which model receiver you're working with or what capabilities you expect to get from the setup (SD, HD, ???), but heres a couple of things...

With the older dual lnb dish, you'll be severely limited in the channels you'll be able to get if your new receiver is one of the R22/HR2x models.

When you activate that receiver, you'll be put into a 1 or 2 year commitment to directv with an early termination fee.

Directv would come out and install a new slimline dish, a switch if needed, and the receivers at no additional cost or length of commitment.

So unless you have a good reason for DIY, dont mind ending up with a lot less, and end up in the same commitment anyhow, you might as well let them foot the bill and bring out all the gear you need.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)