German TV FTA?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tester239

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 27, 2008
Are there any German TV channels available FTA in the US? I see plenty in Europe.. but I'm fairly sure I can't get those ;)

The best I can find is TP14 on Galaxy13.. which is on C-band.. Speaking of which, I will be getting a 10ft metal-mesh dish soon, with motor/actuator/mounts for $70..

And heck, while I'm asking: are MSNBC/FNC/CNBC FTA on any sats? I've tried looking all over lyngsat, and most are Digicipher2.. probably meant for feeding cable headends. I occasionally get CNBC and MSNBC feeds on AMC 1, and sometimes a full MSNBC newcast! .. but not the "channel" I had on cable a few years ago.

thanks for any help!

We don't talk about feeds that may or may not be in the clear here, but ,speaking generally, I haven't found much German content on C-band or Ku-band, sorry.

There is a wealth of feeds up there for the other type channel you seek, again, we don't talk about that here, but if you keep looking, you might find something. Sometimes they go ITC for awhile. You just have to look for them. Sometimes they aren't.
I like to tell folks looking into FTA that if you MUST have a certain CHANNEL, FTA isn't for you. FTA isn't about ONE CHANNEL, its about all the wonderful stuff you find up there. :cool:

I should probably work on my searching skills.. I just clicked the search button up top and it popped open a text box, probably should have honed down just the FTA subforum :/ thanks Anole for the thread link

As for specific channels, I am able to get some national networks in "channel" form, so I figured there might be some of the other big ones out there too. I suppose I'll just have to keep searching the skies.. especially when I get my big dish up and running :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)