german tv

Status
Please reply by conversation.
German TV (combo of DW, ARD and ZDF) was provided through Globecast on IA5 but is now only available through Dish Network (ch 725) on 121° W. It costs about $10 a month. They also have another channel (726) that is a combo of Sat1 and Pro Sieben.

Ruf doch einfach mal bei ProSiebenSat1 in München an ;) Kostet nur 9 Dollar im Monat, wenn ich das richtig in Erinnerung habe und GermanTV ist da wohl inklusive ... glaub ich.
Oder geh auf www.prosiebensat1-welt.com

That was German ... welcome to the Sesame Street :D ;)

Just call ProSevenSat1 in Munich ;) It costs only $9 per month, if I remember it and GermanTV is inclusive ... as I believe.
Or go to www.prosiebensat1-welt.com

Das war Englisch ... willkommen in der Sesamstraße :D ;)

"Ruf doch einfach mal bei ProSiebenSat1 in München an ;) Kostet nur 9 Dollar im Monat, wenn ich das richtig in Erinnerung habe und GermanTV ist da wohl inklusive ... glaub ich."

"Just call ProSevenSat1 in Munich ;) It costs only $9 per month, if I remember it and GermanTV is inclusive ... as I believe.

Nicht Wahr! Es kostet $9.99 im Monat für German TV und $14.99 für Prosiebensat1. Oder mann kann beide für $19.99 haben. Und nür bei Dishnetwork.

Not true! German TV costs $9.99 and Prosiebensat1 costs $14.99. Or you can get both together for $19.99. The only way you can get them in the USA is through Dishnetwork.

Chuck

Elchucko said:
"Ruf doch einfach mal bei ProSiebenSat1 in München an ;) Kostet nur 9 Dollar im Monat, wenn ich das richtig in Erinnerung habe und GermanTV ist da wohl inklusive ... glaub ich."

"Just call ProSevenSat1 in Munich ;) It costs only $9 per month, if I remember it and GermanTV is inclusive ... as I believe.

Nicht Wahr! Es kostet $9.99 im Monat für German TV und $14.99 für Prosiebensat1. Oder mann kann beide für $19.99 haben. Und nür bei Dishnetwork.

Not true! German TV costs $9.99 and Prosiebensat1 costs $14.99. Or you can get both together for $19.99. The only way you can get them in the USA is through Dishnetwork.
Chuck
Chuck is right. Those 2 channels (725 + 726)on 121 offer a mixture of different German TV stations. The guide on both is bad - so when something is happening (like the floods in Switzerland, Austria and Germany) you just have to switch between the 2 channels and wait and see. At least they show pretty much of the Bundesliga while, when it comes to movies - copyright issues seem to hold them back from showing them.

P.S. Sorry for my bad German - I am a German, living in Texas and they learned me that way :D:D:D

Michael

Sadly here in the US, most "ethnic" (not English or Spanish) is around $15US a month for one channel. There are some audio ones that are $3 a month

TVEI ,Television Española Internacional, hardly shows what the guide say they do. It makes sense that German TV would be the same way.

Dish Network's channels are still a lot better than Expressvu's "German special" where you just get a bunch on news.

TVEi is here in Europe for free. Only on cable it costs ~$4US (€4) but you can watch for this $4 also Canal24Horas and EuroNews in spanish.

The "ethnic" channels are via satellite mostly for free.
And this packets are on cable:

KD Turk Premium for €22
LigTV, SinemaTurk, ATV Avrupa, ShowTV, TGRT EU, Kanal D Fun, Kanal 7 int., StarTurk, TRT int.

KD Turk Basic - same as Premium but w/o LigTV and SinemaTurk for €8

KD Russia for €12
RTVi, Nashe Kino, Detskij Mir, 1st Channel, RTR Planet and EuroNews

KD Polonia for €6
TVP Polonia, iTVn

KD Italy for €4
RAI UNO, DUE, TRE and EuroNews

KD Spain for €4
tve int, Canal24Horas and EuroNews

KD Portugal
RTP int, EuroNews

KD Greece for €2
ERT SAT

KD will starting a new english programm on September, 1st for €4
NASN, Toon Disney, MTV Dance, MTVhits, VH-1 Classic, SKY News, CNBC Europe, Extreme Sports, ESPN Classic, AXN, E!, BBC PRIME, BBC WORLD, Sialing Channel, MotorsTV and other channels. All this channels (except SKY News and CNBC Europe - but those I can get for free via Astra 19.2°East) I can watch with KD HOME for €9.

And this channels I can watch with KD HOME
13th Street, SciFi, AXN, KinoWelt, Silverline, History Channel, National Geographic, XXP Digital, Planet, wetter.fernsehen (weather channel), Bibel TV, k.tv, E! Entertainment, BBC Prime, BBC World, fashion.tv, Vine Network, GamesTV, TVGusto, Toon Disney, Toon Disney+1, Playhouse Disney, ESPN Classic, MotorsTV, Sailing Channel, NASN, Extreme Sports, MTVhits, MTV Dance, VH-1 Classic, TraceTV and Playboy TV. And there are up to 40 "FTA"-channels inclusive. That's all on cable digital here in Germany.

Via sat we have a lot of this channels and much more other german channels for free (FTA). Even the programs from ARD, ZDF and ProSiebenSat1 are for free.

TV reception is not totally free in Europe. Most countries have a tax that must be paid if you own a TV (also more for multiple TVs per household. The "Fersehgebühr" is enforced in Germany by comparing the antenna/dishes on a residence to whether their records reflect someone at that address having paid the tax. In England it is called a TV licence.

Don't pass this info around though. Some one might come up with a tax here!

Elchucko said:
Don't pass this info around though. Some one might come up with a tax here!
It really doesn't matter, what we call it. It never is free.
Either it's taxes, like "Rundfunkgebuehren" in Germany - or a bunch of ads interrupting the things we watch. At the end it's always US, who pay for it,
'cause guess, who is paying for all the ads - for sure NOT the companies.
To make it clearer what I mean- like when we read in the press, that the tobacco companies have to pay XXXbillions for done smoking health damage - up to today, I haven't seen any one of them paying a dime - it's us - over and over again.

That's right, Matt!
We pay "GEZ" for ARD, ZDF, DW-TV and the 3rd channels of ARD.
We pay higher prices for products in our supermarkets for commercial brakes on RTL Group and ProSiebenSat1 Media (and all the other channels).
And we'll pay much more if our cable company brings commercial TV into the cable ... that's an actual discussion here in Germany. We only have ARD Digital, ZDF.vision, Premiere (PayTV) and Kabel Digital (PayTV) in our cable :( (well ... and up to 30 analoge channels)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)