Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Check this out...

http://www.circuitcity.com/detail.jsp?c=1&b=g&qp=042013289&bookmark=bookmark_0&oid=61469&catoid=-9712

Looks like the offer is good to anyone new customer or old!

The cost is $99 and there is a $50 mail in rebate making this DirecTivo a REALLY good deal!!!

I am starting to think the reason why the directivos are so cheap is that they are going to do away with them when Rupert gets a hold of Directv in 3 months. That way he can push his new dvr that he is going to give away practicaly free. He's pushing out all the old stock of Directivos to make room for his generic dvrs.

No, Directv knows that whoever has one of these will not churn.

With prices like this, there will be 2 million DirecTiVo users before Rupert gets his out.

MikeD-C05 said:
I am starting to think the reason why the directivos are so cheap is that they are going to do away with them when Rupert gets a hold of Directv in 3 months. That way he can push his new dvr that he is going to give away practicaly free. He's pushing out all the old stock of Directivos to make room for his generic dvrs.
You do realize he has no taken control of the company yet. :rolleyes: DirecTV must run the company like the merger will not be approved. TiVo is going no where.

Actually I think Tivo is going to bigger hard drives like 120gig. Maybe this is just clearing out the 40 gigs.

Actually I think Tivo is going to bigger hard drives like 120gig. Maybe this is just clearing out the 40 gigs.

Just might be some truth to this....I doubt that it is some master plan by News Corp to flush Tivo out of the system. The merger is reported to be on a fast track....January at the earliest<IMHO>.

Shoot if DTV/News Corp gets enough Tivo Hardware out there it might be cheaper to Buy Tivo...than to drop it. Tivo market cap is at 500 million...down from 700 million...can someone spell conspiracy....whoops just heard a black helicopter fly over the house...damm those chem trails....where is my medicine...got to find that gun...THEY ARE WATCHING :p

Rick

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts