Get any free extras or upgrades for the trouble?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

blanquitoman1984

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 28, 2007
Fontana, CA
I have been with Dish for a little over 2 years and within that time the VIP 722 has gone out 4 times. When I pause or skip back a little it soon after jumps to "live tv". I know the DVR will go out pretty soon, again. I have lost so many of my recordings and timers because of this. The last receiver was just replaced about a week ago. Just before I call I would like to know if anyone has received any credit or an upgrade to the 722k? What I would really want is to have the external hard drive enabling fee waived. That way at least I could save my recordings. Has anyone had any luck after so many DVR returns?

It never hurts to ask.

PS Consistent receiver problems are often caused by overheating. There needs to be cool air entering on the right side and hot air exiting on the left. More importantly, the DVR cannot be in an enclosed cabinet, it has to have lots of air flow.

It never hurts to ask.

PS Consistent receiver problems are often caused by overheating. There needs to be cool air entering on the right side and hot air exiting on the left. More importantly, the DVR cannot be in an enclosed cabinet, it has to have lots of air flow.

The receiver is on top of a cabinet there is nothing on the sides, the only thing that may cause it to overheat is the dvd player that sits on top, could that be the problem.

Yes, people have received some sort of compensation for their troubles, but sometimes you have to ask. Some of the things they have done are things such as $10 off bill for next few months (credit on bill), free upgrade to higher model--like 722K--etc. It depends upon what they offer, but you can request something reasonable and they will probably say yes.

When the next unit arrives, place a computer cooling fan on the left side of the unit when looking at it to blow air into the vents. It dramatically dropped the operating temp of my 622 and 722 units.

There is a thread oulining all of the overheating problems someplace and it also tells you how to check the operating temp of your HDD if you do not already know.

I actually received at $50 (5*$10) credit for a faulty 622 (died 1 day after it was installed). I didn't even ask for anything, just a replacement receiver.

they would probably rather waive that then give you a discount on programming. they after all still have to pay the channel owners, but on the hdd enabling the cost is all internal.

I got the external HD waived when I asked as well. They just tried to offer half off first and told him that wasn't good enough.

I've been with Dish almost three years. My 622 died, and I asked for an upgrade to the 722k with the dual ota included. They did that and waived the upgrade and installation fees.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts