Get Black screen when changing channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

dfecarter

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 14, 2006
Connecticut
Anyone else experiencing this?
I have three Directv HD Receivers (one of which is a HD DVR) with an oval 5 LNB Directv Dish, all are about 18 months old.
Well for the past couple of months, when I switch channels( occurs on all 3 receivers) I'd say ab out 10-20% of the time when I jump from a channel that I'd been watching to a different ch., I end up with a black screen, no video/audio. The guide tells me I've changed channels but in order to get the ch. to come in I have to jump to another ch. then go back to it...at which time it usually works then!
I first thought it was likely a software issue with the receiver but now I'm wondering of it's the LNB starting to go...???
Any thoughts guys - and no I don't have the protection plane currently.

Do you have a multiswitch or just the four tuners? A bad multiswitch could also be the problem. If you don't have one, it sounds to me like your LNB is not switching right. They are cheap, you could buy a new one, even switch over to SWM while you are at it.....(if your other receivers are compatible)

Hi All
I have the same exact problem. I had it with my old LNB and with my new SWM LNB. So its not a LNB problem.
The only solution I have found is dont quick push buttons on your remote. Use a deliberate push of the button and the black screen problem goes away.
Not the best solution but it works.

SSTV
since 94

no I'm pretty sure I don't have a multiswitch, also as far as the remote tip...I've long thought there might be a correlation to the remote because my remote is VERY fickle and not very responsive when changing the channels. When pressing the buttons, it seems unable to keep up with me pressing its buttons. So do I need a new remote, reciever, LNB or do i just live with it?

my dish is the Slimeline-5, receiver is HR22/100 - HDDVR and , software version is 0x368, my remote is set to IR, the only error message I get when doing a test is under STB Services port where there's an exclamation mark and "N/A(202)"...anyone know what this pertains to?

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts