Get locals from another city

Status
Please reply by conversation.

shramj

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 19, 2005
Maybe I this is illegal but I do not know. I live in Phoenix, if I was to have my brother in Chicago pay for my DirecTV service using his address, would I be able to use it out here in Phoenix and get the local Chicago stations? This way I can watch the Chicago Bears games since I have the Chicago locals or does D* black out local NFL games? I am really happy with my Cox Cable and really only want D* for the NFL games, just the Bears games actually.

I'm not 100% sure but I believe the chicago locals are on a spot beam. So you will not be able to recieve a signal for them in Phoenix.

Well, here's another idea - since all you are wanting is the locals out of Chicago, why don't you sign up for DISH instead. DISH has the 4 main Chicago networks on CONUS & they will let you JUST sign up for local channels only, although it will cost you can extra $5 more a month w/out an AT pkg. So, with the $6 charge for locals, it would cost you $11 a month. Also understand that if you do NOT take an AT pkg, you'll have to buy all your equipment outright, since in order to get new customer promo's (ie: FREE equip/install) you have to take a minimum of AT60.

dishrich, I am trying to understand what you are saying. Do I have to tell them I live in Chicago and give them my Brother's address or can i tell them I live in Phoenix and also want to buy the Chicago locals? What is CONUS? If I decide to order this, what do i tell them when I order?

shramj said:
dishrich, I am trying to understand what you are saying. Do I have to tell them I live in Chicago and give them my Brother's address

Yes, & then give YOUR address as the billing address. (local channel qualifications are based on physical/service address)

What is CONUS?

Continental US (ie: NON-spot beam)

If I decide to order this, what do i tell them when I order?

Uh, tell them you want to just order Chicago locals & NO other prog packages. As I said, they will charge you an extra $5 unless you order an AT pkg.

Spin is correct. All D* local channels spot beam to the relative zip code area. A signal cannot be received out of that spot beam area. Phoenix is too far from Chicago to receive that local channel signal. Bears games would be available on the NFL Sunday Ticket subscription in Phoenix.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)