Original poster
Jan 8, 2004
Rockies
According to Antenna Web, my local broadcast towers are at

354 degrees 6.2 miles VHF
162 degrees 15.4 miles VHF
0 degrees 7.0 miles UHF
13 degrees 5.2 miles VHF

Is there an antenna that will pick up all of these without a rotor?? I get the 162 degree station perfectly with an old VOOM antenae, but the rest are pretty snowy.

Get a Channels Master 4221 and remove the reflector screen, makes it bi-directional, reduces range but should work.

Don't know if this would matter but only one of the above stations is broadcasting digitally. The rest are analog.

And the one that is broadcasting digitally is the PBS affliate broadcasting on channel 8.

While I am at it. If you have never seen a digital OTA signal it is something else. Watched a show on Falconry. Looked almost three dimensional. ESPN HD and HBO HD with DISH are pretty goo, but a good signal over the air is something else

But really, to answer your question, the antenna doesn't care if it's analog or digital. Mostly it cares what frequency band the signal is in, low VHF (channels 2-7), high VHF, or UHF.

Well then it might matter as the channels are # 4, 7, 13, and 22. Looks like I span the works, from low VHF to High VHF to UHF.

Does that change the recommendations. Right now the only digital is 4, but I would like to get the other analog channels clearly, even if they are not digital or digital HD.

Is it actually broadcasting on ch 4 or is that the virtual channel #? Very few digital stations are operating in the low vhf range.

As close as you seem to be to the vhf channels they should be no problem even on a very simple rabbit ears antenna.

What is your zip code?

zip is 82520 When I put just the zip into Antenna Web I get different info than when I put my whole address. With the 82520 zip only it say that the Digital PBS station broadcast on 8.1 (earlier I said 4 but I was wrong, it is 8.1) and the degres are slightly different, but I don't think that is relevant since it uses a generic point on the map for just the zip.

Don't know enough to know what channel 8.1 means.

zip is 82520 When I put just the zip into Antenna Web I get different info than when I put my whole address. With the 82520 zip only it say that the Digital PBS station broadcast on 8.1 (earlier I said 4 but I was wrong, it is 8.1) and the degres are slightly different, but I don't think that is relevant since it uses a generic point on the map for just the zip.

Don't know enough to know what channel 8.1 means.

That is the "remapped" channel number. IOW, the analog number is 8, but the new digital channel might be 25. In order to not confuse everyone, the receiver changes the number to show 8.1, or 8.2, etc. The .1 or .2 means a subchannel where the .1 is the main channel and the .2 could be weather info, The Tube, a syndicated music channel, or other local info.

So does any of this change antenna recommendations, within the framework of "can one antenna get them all without a rotor"???

too ignorant

don't have a clue how to cut an paste from antennaweb. It is wrong anyhow, as it does not list the PBS digital station when I type my address in, but it does list it when I just put a zip in.

Or if you use this address which is due north of me. Regardless this will be accurate enough

100 Main Street
Lander, WY 82520

If you just use the zip, the PBS digital station shows up

So does any of this change antenna recommendations, within the framework of "can one antenna get them all without a rotor"???

As all the stations seem to be north and south of you and close a bi-directional should work fine. It don't matter to the antenna if the signal is analog or digital. When an antenna is advertised as digital it's all hype. As you will need vhf and uhf you might want to try this http://www.solidsignal.com/prod_display.asp?PROD=ANWGS1100 There is an amplified version model GS2200 but your so close you most likely won't need it. Just get it a little above the roof with the wings pointing east / west. If your still concerned about $$ get a $4.00 set of rabbit ears from radio shack and try them in the attic, they won't last outside.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)