Get your contacts off your iPhone before canceling MobleMe

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

gdarwin

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 9, 2005
Lousville, KY
4 Hour Phone/online chat to get mine back....

nfo: queue_cmd:4:13:17
info: queue_cmd:3:11:29
info: queue_cmd:1:4:21
info: Hi, my name is Joseph P.. Welcome to Apple!
Joseph P.: Hello there! I hope your day is going well. I definitely apologize for any abnormal hold times you may have experienced with us today, however I'll be more than happy to assist you in any way that I can today. While I'm reviewing your pre-chat survey, would you mind telling me if you have you contacted MobileMe chat support about this issue in the past?
gdarwin: i deacivated mobleme and all my contacts are deleted from my iphone
Joseph P.: Thank you. I'll be glad to assist you with this. I see that this account has been canceled. In order to recover this data, you will need to reactivate the account and obtain your contact data again. Once you have this data, you could cancel the account again.
gdarwin: I don't want to spend $100.00 to get my contact data back.
Joseph P.: I'm sorry, but this is the only way that we would be able to recover the data, unless you have another backup of some sort.
gdarwin: I was in the trial period. No way to reinstate it?
Joseph P.: I'm afraid there is not. The only way an account can become active again would be to renew it. However, we can cancel the account again and issue a full refund to your credit card within 45 days of activating the account.
gdarwin: Would you document this on trouble report 169678677?
Joseph P.: I'm not sure what that number refers to. Is that an AppleCare case number?
gdarwin: yes
Joseph P.: I'm sorry, but I actually don't have access to the AppleCare case records. However, if you'd like any sort of record of our chat session today, you can reference our chat ID of: [9:08:00 PM] David: dude don't sweat it I work for Apple Retail so it ain't no thing I get it
Joseph P.: I'm sorry, the chat ID is: 5663940
gdarwin: OK. I'm going to reinstate the account and try to get my contacts back.
Joseph P.: I understand. Were you going to do this right now, or another time? If you'd like to do it right now, I can assist you with recovering the data.
gdarwin: I'll try it now
Joseph P.: Okay, no problem. Please go to http://me.com and log in with your expired account details. It will prompt you with options for renewal immediately.
gdarwin: Signed on and renewed
Joseph P.: Excellent. Now, what model iPhone do you have?
gdarwin: 3G
Joseph P.: Has this iPhone been upgraded to iOS 4 yet?
gdarwin: 4.0.1
Joseph P.: Okay, excellent. Please go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Accounts. Is your MobileMe account currently listed here?
gdarwin: yes
Joseph P.: Okay, please remove the account.
gdarwin: Gone
Joseph P.: Now, go ahead and re-add the account, and it once added, it will begin syncing again.
gdarwin: Signed in
Joseph P.: Okay, excellent. Keep an eye on the phone and let me know once it's finished syncing all of your data again.
gdarwin: mobileme account does not show... Try again?
Joseph P.: The account does not show up at all?
gdarwin: I did not save it. Shows up now
Joseph P.: Okay, excellent. Now, it may take a moment to sync this data back down from MobileMe. Keep an eye on it and let me know once it's finished, please.
gdarwin: Ok got them back under mobileme
Joseph P.: Okay, excellent. Now, go back to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Accounts, and tap your MobileMe account. From here, turn the sliders to OFF. You will be prompted to keep or delete the data. You'll need to choose Keep.
Joseph P.: Let me know once you've done this, please.
gdarwin: Done
Joseph P.: Now, remove the MobileMe account from the phone once more, please.
gdarwin: DOne
Joseph P.: Excellent. Check again now, to make sure that the contacts/calendars still appear on the iPhone, please.
gdarwin: Yes they do.
Joseph P.: Okay, excellent. Now it's safe to cancel the account once more. Before I can cancel the account, I will need to verify some security information on this account, first. Could you please confirm your billing address?
gdarwin: <snip>
Joseph P.: Thank you. Could you also provide the answer to the security question on your account?
Joseph P.: Question: First pet name
gdarwin:<snip>
Joseph P.: And lastly, could you please provide the last 4 digits of the credit card on file for this account?
gdarwin: <snip>
Joseph P.: Thank you for all of that information. And just to confirm, you are wishing to cancel this account, effective immediately, for a full refund of service, which will be applied to the credit card on file (which may take 2-5 business days to appear on your credit card statement). Is this correct?
gdarwin: Yes. Thank you!
Joseph P.: Thank you. The account has now been canceled. You can use our chat ID as a reference number: 5663940
Joseph P.: Did you have any other questions for us today?
gdarwin: No thanks for the help.
Joseph P.: Glad I could help, gdarwin. Thank you for your patience with us today. Have a great evening!
Joseph P.: Thank you for chatting with us. We value your feedback. Please click the blue "Close" button at top left to answer a few questions about your experience with us today.
gdarwin: You too. Great service
info: Thank you for chatting with us. Please click the blue "Close" button on the top left of the chat window to tell us how we did today.

I keep mine on yahoo and just use yahoo for email, calendar and contacts. I do not use mobile me. You can also use google or aol if so inclined.

What, you guys don't have an Exchange server sitting in your house for this stuff?

Oh yeah, forgot, I am a certified geek.

You might still have to turn on imap and iCal support on yahoo/google. The iPhone uses imap for mail and iCal for calendar.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)