Gettin Dish Tuesday should i get sports

sullic82

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 21, 2006
I am getting dishnetwork on tuesday. I was wondering if it is worth getting the multisport package?? Its only $5.99 and i just wanted some advice on weather i should get it or not.

Thanks

You won't see any of the professional sports games from the other markets except for yours. I don't think it's worthy but you can try it and then drop it.

It depends on how much you like sports! For $6 a month, it's cool to watch other area's local sports shows, highlights, etc.

As Randall said, you won't get pro baseball and the like, but you do get to watch more lower tier sports (lacrosse, arena football, etc.)

RandallA said:
You won't see any of the professional sports games from the other markets except for yours. I don't think it's worthy but you can try it and then drop it.

you may catch the end of some baseball games. most RSN's blackout a block of 3hrs for a game. If there is a rain delay or the game goes extra long you may catch the game after the black out period ends. This has happened several times for me.

I would not sign up for it until after you receive your first bill for 2 mos. (which usually comes about 7 days after install) otherwise you are going to pay $12 for it on your first bill, that's a $6 savings :D

However, I have the package, avid baseball fan here, hate that all games except my Braves are blacked out. Otherwise its 25 or so channels of the same airings...if its on 1 fox sports channel it will also be on all the others at the same time, SNY and Sportstime Ohio stay off the air most of the day, TurnerSouth is only avail in the south, every now and again SUN from Florida will have something ok on and so will MSG from New York...if I wasn't one of them people who has to have it all no matter what, whether I watch it or not...I wouldn't spend the money on it. Keep in mind, no major NHL,MLB,NFL,NBA will be shown but your local team, and usually that's blacked out too if it is on another channel like WGN, TBS, or another Superstation or ESPN.

So you make that decision. And if you do subscribe, and you want to turn it back off and they try to get you w/ a $5 transaction fee for downgrading, talk to a supervisor (which most of them seem to be in better English skills, they will usually waive that $5 fee.)

Hope this helps. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)