Getting 118 using legacy dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

vicoc

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 27, 2004
hi, i've got dish500 (legacy-two dual lnbs) and dish300 for 61.5, going into a sw64 switch. and i've got two 301's and a 522 running. i would like to get 118 orbital instead of the 61.5, as they have add a few new channels i want. i used to have 121 on a 36" lnb, still pointed @ 121, just wondering if it would be possible point the 36" into 118? if so what kind of an lnb should i buy to get 118 to add to my sw64? can i use the lnb for 121? please let me know. at this point i dont want to upgrade to dishpro. thanks

hi, i've got dish500 (legacy-two dual lnbs) and dish300 for 61.5, going into a sw64 switch. and i've got two 301's and a 522 running. i would like to get 118 orbital instead of the 61.5, as they have add a few new channels i want. i used to have 121 on a 36" lnb, still pointed @ 121, just wondering if it would be possible point the 36" into 118? if so what kind of an lnb should i buy to get 118 to add to my sw64? can i use the lnb for 121? please let me know. at this point i dont want to upgrade to dishpro. thanks

The LNB for 118 is unique, can't use a 121 LNB for it.

I wonder if it is possible though, to take a 118 LNB and connect it to a DishPro adapter and then from that adapter, connect it to a satellite grade 2 way power pass splitter and connect it to your switch.

Does anyone know if this Lnb will work with a standard dish 500 dish,or will need to be bigger in size.has anybody purchase this lnb from this company,went to web site and it appears to look like a standerd lnb from dish.Any help on this digiblur?

I don't think you're going to get much 118 with just a 500 dish, too small. The 118S that they are advertising appears to be voltage switched for polarization so it should work on legacy.

I must say it is dissatisfying to see them promoting its usage for FTA systems since there really is no good reason one would be connecting an FTA to a 118 dish.

kayyyyy, i dont know the details of that "mod", so maybe im missing somethin here, but last i knew anik e2 is a linear sat....

iyts actually AnikF3....yes its linear (11700-12200 MHz) but its also CIRCULAR polarity so a regular linear LNB doesn't work at all (or gives minimal readings)

inserting a dialectic plate in a linear LNB allows that to work...just like adding one to a C-band LNB to get the sats that are over the atlantic ocean

iyts actually AnikF3....yes its linear (11700-12200 MHz) but its also CIRCULAR polarity so a regular linear LNB doesn't work at all (or gives minimal readings)

inserting a dialectic plate in a linear LNB allows that to work...just like adding one to a C-band LNB to get the sats that are over the atlantic ocean

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh... bach!

so many sats, so little time....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)