Getting 121 but not 119 & 110

gongura

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 5, 2004
My SD was working flawlessly till this evening when it stopped showing any of the 110 & 119 channels. When I checked the signal strength for these two birds, it shows a red bar (Wrong Sat, signal strength at 67-68). No major weather change in the West Coast (Bay Area) . I also visually checked the SD and did not see any twisting or lateral movement (the install guys mounted the SD on a wooden fence post and anchored it with two side straps mounted to the top of the wooden fence). Called DNW and they told me to wait till tomorrow before calling for their tech guy and will charge me $50 for the technician to come home and fix it. I am hoping to do the fix myself and see if I can save the $50.

Is this a major fix or can it be fixed by simply adjusting the SD? Given the 119 is right behind the 121 why am I not getting a good signal on the 119?.Can cloudy weather be the cause?

When the SD was initially installed (in August) I had a signal strenght of 100 on both the 119 & 110 W birds.

Appreciate any help! :no

I wonder if the switch went out...

You mightwant to run a line from the receiver to each of the LNB's and see what you get. If they all check out, then its a switch

I don't know if your problem is this or not but I will tell you what happened to me.
I originally mounted my dish on a fence post, approximately three feet from the house and tweaked it to get good solid signals. That was summertime here on the left coast when the clay soil is all dried up. When winter and the rains came, the clay expanded between the house and the fence post and it shifted the dish enough that I had to go up and retweak the dish. Then when summer came I had to retweak it again. Got tired of the spring/fall adjusting and moved the dish to the roof. Now it is OK winter and summer without having to go up and adjust it.
I should note that I never completely lost all signals but came very close to losing them.
PS. Where do you live on the west coast. I am in Santa Rosa.

Well, it has been very windy here over the last two nights in Marin county. Sunday night, I lost reception several times on my superdish - which has a larger wind footprint than the smaller dishes. You may want to get Dish to send an installer to re-peak your dishes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)