getting 6.0 UHF remote to work on TV2 of 622

rprice54

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 17, 2006
I just got my new 622 set up. The tech left behind my old 6.0 UHF remote from my 625.

I found this post: DBSTalk.Com - View Single Post - TV1 Remote question? from 2006 that talks about setting switches manually on the two remotes to get the 6.3 UHF pro to work for TV1 and the 6.0 to work for TV2- it just doesn't say HOW to set those switches manually, I'm guessing taking the remote apart...

any suggestions. I can't seem to find the correct key for the 6.3 anywhere without buying a whole remote, which I don't mind doing, but I want to try my old 6.0 remote first.

thanks.

The 6.0 remote will not control TV1 on the 622 - the 6.0 is a single frequency UHF Pro remote, the 6.3 actual does multiple frequencies, therefore allowing independent control of TV1 and TV2. Call dish or use ebay to find the set of keys. The one you need it green with a black #1 and an engraved UHF Pro logo. The reverse side of the key is green with simply a 1 engraved. Usually the keys come in a set.

You could always switch it manually by removing the key all together and switching the white switch to position 2 or 3, can't remember which though. Just use a small paper clip or screw driver, or anything.

right- but I want to control TV2 with the 6.0 remote, which I've heard is possible. I found how to set the switch manually at another site, I'll post my results later.

TV2 with a 6.0 remote is the same as TV2 with a 6.3 remote set on band "A"

The 6.0 has only two positions "green" and "blue" - the 6.3 (and 6.2) has four.

just make sure it's the same address as your existing TV2 remote (or go to sysinfo screen and press record), and you should be fine.

Last edited:
worked perfectly. I set the 6.3 to band B and then manually set the white switch (sits in the 'V' of the key) all the way to the right and then back one click. Then I went to the system info screen, pressed record with the 6.3 which showed up as remote for TV1 and then I took my old 6.0 remote, didn't change a thing, and pressed record and it shows up under TV2. works in single/dual mode.

just thought I'd share the details since it took a little digging around. thanks for the help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)