getting 97w 101w

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

westcoaster

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 27, 2009
sechelt b.c. canada
Hi everyone
A few months ago I asked about adding a another L N B to get 125w and 129 w off of my 38’’ dish and was told it could be done and that because I live in the pacific north west that when looking at my dish from the front I would amen for 125 first then 129 would go on the right side or opposite of what they are in the sky.

My question is this:
I have an s/c 18x32 dish duel L N B and always what’d to try to get 97w-101w just for something to do. When the weather gets better I am going to try this. So am I safe in assuming that when looking at the dish it also would be opposite? 101-w 0n the right side and 97 on the left side? Also would this change if you were farther back east like say Niagara Falls here?
I do relies this dish is on the small side and I also relies that one of the L N B ‘s needs 22khz to be on. People seam to think that it will shuttle back and forth between the l n b’s buy turning power on or off to the one that needs it. But do I not have to treat this like it is two separate l n b ‘s and switch it with a 0/22khz or a disque switch of some sore 1x4 or 1x2 what ever I my have around here to use. Or am I total wrong? Anyway something I am thing of doing
In nicer weather
[FONT=&quot]Thanks for you time and help[/FONT]

My question is this:
I have an s/c 18x32 dish duel L N B and always what’d to try to get 97w-101w just for something to do. When the weather gets better I am going to try this. So am I safe in assuming that when looking at the dish it also would be opposite? 101-w 0n the right side and 97 on the left side? Also would this change if you were farther back east like say Niagara Falls here?
I do relies this dish is on the small side and I also relies that one of the L N B ‘s needs 22khz to be on. People seam to think that it will shuttle back and forth between the l n b’s buy turning power on or off to the one that needs it. But do I not have to treat this like it is two separate l n b ‘s and switch it with a 0/22khz or a disque switch of some sore 1x4 or 1x2 what ever I my have around here to use. Or am I total wrong?

Yes you are correct, facing the dish the 101 on the right (east) and 97 on left (west). it's easier to refer to the east and west directions rather than saying left or right because people confuse this if you are behind the dish or in front of the dish. East and West directions never change.

Everybody north of the equator view the satellite arc in the same way, everybody south of the equator see it reversed. The satellites are all around the earth over the equator, they run from the low numbers on the east to the higher numbers on the west. The 97 sat is east of the 101 and vise versa.

if you have 2 separate lnbf's you can use either a 22khz or a diseqc switch, either one will work but the receiver settings must be set correctly depending on which switch you use.

I hope this answers your questions, good luck :cool:

Mc guyver
thank you for answering my questions. Really appreciate this.
Not quit clear on the duel l n b thing. I do understand that if I have two separate l n b ‘s I would switch them. People are under the impression that the duel l n b ‘s that are in the same housing (sharing the same cover) that some how the will shuttle back an forth between the two l n b ‘s .by turning the power on or off. But I think It would be setup by The way you are saying how to hookup two separate L N B’s. But yes I do understand the setup for two separate L N B ‘s.
[FONT=&quot]Thanks again.[/FONT]

Glad to help. the question about dual LNBF's is hard to comment on unless we know what specific brand and model you may have in mind. There are many types and not all work alike. For example, the Dish network LNBF's come in a few styles, some require an external switch and others have an internal built-in switch that switch automatically but they can't be used in a FTA application unless you are talking about using them for hacking which we won't discuss here. If there is a specific model of a linear Ku band LNBF that you have in mind then we can be of better help to answer further questions or refer to the manufacturers specs for details. Hope this clears up any confusion.

Hi everyone
A few months ago I asked about adding a another L N B to get 125w and 129 w off of my 38’’ dish and was told it could be done and that because I live in the pacific north west that when looking at my dish from the front I would amen for 125 first then 129 would go on the right side or opposite of what they are in the sky.

My question is this:
I do relies this dish is on the small side and I also relies that one of the L N B ‘s needs 22khz to be on. People seam to think that it will shuttle back and forth between the l n b’s buy turning power on or off to the one that needs it. But do I not have to treat this like it is two separate l n b ‘s and switch it with a 0/22khz or a disque switch of some sore 1x4 or 1x2 what ever I my have around here to use. Or am I total wrong? Anyway something I am thing of doing
In nicer weather
[FONT=&quot]Thanks for you time and help[/FONT]

I presume s/c is for Star Choice ,is it the one with two beer cans or the mono block with four F connectors (this will do four separate receivers).
If it is the mono block ,one is marked B aim it at 101W and skew dish for 97W for LNB A. Now go to the receiver sat set up menu, and set 101W LNB 10750 22KHZ ON and for 97W LNB 10750 22KHZ OFF. Now if you like you can connect up to three more receivers. I hope this helps.

Thanks to everyone for there help. Yes this helped me and I actually understand it now.
Yes s/c is for star choice and yes its a mono block l n b with the four f connectors.
[FONT=&quot]Thanks again for your help.[/FONT]

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts