Getting Additional Receivers Free

Status
Please reply by conversation.

breadtree

Original poster
Sep 17, 2007
All,

I ordered DirecTV on Friday and had it installed on Saturday. I realized on Saturday that for some reason I'd forgotten to ask the woman on the phone about getting enough receivers. So currently I have an HD receiver and a basic receiver and 3 TVs left with no input.

I've seen on these forums people talking about how normal receivers are given away free, but when I looked online and when I called, they want to charge $69.99 for each receiver.

My friend told me they hooked up 4 receivers for him at time of install, but since I only asked for 2 originally, I'm afraid I may be out of luck.

Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks.

Is that in writing?

Thanks for the reply, Boba. Is that in writing anywhere on the website?

Well, I tried calling and saying I had 3 days to make changes and they said that that only applied to the programming, not to the equipment. I've called in 3 times now and the best I've heard is the 2nd lady told me that if I call back after having the service for 90 days I can buy receivers and they can credit my account $120 over the course of 12 months.

I may have to go with the ebay route, which will mean I screwed up to the tune of about $40. Pretty stupid.

Are we taking basic SD receivers? I thought they gave those out free like candy - just pay the $5 /mo fee. If that is the case I think you can order them on the web site free as well in the upgrade equipment screen.

Call back.

Are we taking basic SD receivers? I thought they gave those out free like candy - just pay the $5 /mo fee. If that is the case I think you can order them on the web site free as well in the upgrade equipment screen.

Call back.
When you are a new customer you can get receivers FREE after you are a customer you pay $69 for that free receiver. In the first 3 days you can cancel your account, usually instead of cancelling they will try to satisfy the customer by changing the account as needed.:)

I know you can go to your account online and pick the sd dvr and in the promo code put in DVR4U2 and you will get 1 for free.

You still have to give your credit card but it charges nothing and they wil come out and install it for free.

Use the promo code above, but call retention first. Say Cancel at the voice prompts and you will get to them. Tell them all you want to do is add basic receivers and what they could do for you.

I have quite a few receivers sitting in my attic from my upgrades over the years. Several basic RCA receivers and a few R15 DVR's that were activated and then de-activated soon afterwards. PM me if you want more info.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)