Getting Directv Installed on Wednesday: A Couple of Questions

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Schmoe

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 6, 2005
Hello all,
I'm having DirecTV installed on Wednesday and I have a couple of questions(forgot to ask when I scheduled the install :( )

1. Does the installer usually call and do the activation with Direc? Or will I do it?

2. I'm confused about whether Fox Sports South will be included with the Total Choice Plus package. On the lookup utility at: directvsports.c0m/asp/active/RSN_Info.asp
I get this:
The 35803 ZIP Code is in the home team territory for the following pro team(s):

With any TOTAL CHOICE® package:

FOX Sports Net South (Ch. 630)
Atlanta Braves
Memphis Grizzlies
Nashville Predators

So does this mean that Fox Sports South is included, even though it's not listed in the Total Choice Plus list on the main Directv site?

Thanks for any advice!

Installer should be the one to call and get you going.

I don't think Fox sports south you have to get the Sports pack to get these channel

t

Don't you get the Fox Sports channel in your area? If you want more you have to subscribe to the sports package if i understand his question. My zip code is 37711 and seems like i got FSS when i had D* last time. Can't say for sure cause i cable but hooking back up to D* soon

Tate Satellites said:
The braves will mainly be on tbs.
The Braves frequent TBS, Fox Sports South and Turner South, the days of TBS having a monopoly on Braves games are way over. Though TBS does still show a lot of games. Turner South is another regional channel that only us southerners get.

Schmoe, you will get Fox Sports South and Turner South with your subscription at no extra charge, because you live in that region. I get both of them and do not subscribe to the sports pack.

The sports pack would give you all of the sports channels that are not in your region, such as West coast, North east, Central, etc....

Guess my post was pretty transparent: I want to see Braves games :)

I think their current TV schedule is: approximately 2 games a week on TurnerSouth, 2 games a week on TBS, and 1 game a week on Fox Sports South(always on Wednesday). Of course this varies on weeks when there are fewer games or if Fox Network is carrying the Saturday game.

Thanks for the info on Sports South! Good to know that I won't miss those Wednesday games.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts