Getting Directv tomorrow...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DarkNeo

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 7, 2004
Los Angeles
Im getting the HD/DVR just for my livingroom. Anything I should know before the installer comes tomorrow?:confused: I already have two cables running from the tv to the roof, so i guess he wont need to run any cables. Also I still have the OTA antenna from VOOM (since i still use it for OTA HD) will that work w/ the new box?

Im getting the HD/DVR just for my livingroom. Anything I should know before the installer comes tomorrow?:confused: I already have two cables running from the tv to the roof, so i guess he wont need to run any cables. Also I still have the OTA antenna from VOOM (since i still use it for OTA HD) will that work w/ the new box?

========================================================
Also I still have the OTA antenna from VOOM (since i still use it for OTA HD) will that work w/ the new box?

Yes, but remember it needs it's own line (in the future) No diplexing with the 5 LNB dishes.
btw, you didn't say which receiver you were getting, I presumed it was the HR20-700 when I answered you.

Jimbo

yes the HR20-700:D, well I laready have 2 cables coming in, one is for OTA antenna and the other one was for the dish.

yes the HR20-700:D, well I laready have 2 cables coming in, one is for OTA antenna and the other one was for the dish.

Then you need one more cable run, with the AT-9/AU-9 dish, which receives Ka band, D* says to not diplex OTA signals with the sat feed. And in order to have both sat tuners in the HR20 functional you need a seperate run for each, so you need three cables run.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)