Getting HD locals-experience was like "A Nightmare on Elm Street"

Russell Jorgensen

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 9, 2006
Wisconsin
I live in the Milwaukee, Wi viewing area. Our HD locals have been turned on, so I called "E" to have an appointment set up for an installation of the second dish that I will need to receive them. They gave me a date of April 23 in the afternoon. I said that's fine and hung up. A few hours later I tried to put on a local channel to watch the news and guess what? "E" had turned them off. I call them back and asked just what they thought they were doing shutting down something that I had already paid for. I was told that when I ordered the HD locals that the computer turns all locals off until the installation of the second dish is done. They claimed it was some sort of glitch in their system and I should just go without them until the 23 of this month. I told the girl that there was no way that was going to happen and to cancel my appointment for the installation for the second dish and give me my local channels back. She canceled the installation but guess what? I still had no local channels. I had to call back again and complain that I had been charged for something that I was no longer getting because of some stupid computer programing on their part. The second person that I talked to had me on hold for about 20 min while he checked things out. He managed to get my locals back on and still have an appointment set up for the second dish for HD locals without cutting my standard locals again. The first person told me that it couldn't be done. My new appointment is now for the 16th of the month in the morning. A full week sooner than my first appointment was. So if you loose your locals after setting up an appointment for your second dish for HD locals, call back and complain and don't let them try and tell you that you can't get them turned back on until your HD local dish is installed.

I had the same problem earlier today. It took several threats before they would cut my locals back on. I had to cancel my install to get my locals back. The last CSR was going to try to re-schedule the install, but I will wait until Monday to call back.

Oh, please someone stop the bitch fest.

I think Dish is doing an excellent job with their Commodore 64s.

I'm in the Milwaukee area also. Did the E* CSR say that the new wing dish install at 61.5 would be FREE and also would NOT require a new 24 month commitment to their service? I've seen quite a few posts here that a lot of subscribers couldn't get a FREE upgrade.

PS: I sure hope I haven't made any spelling errors!:):)

It is free with a 24 month committment. Otherwise, I think it was $59.95. Early termination is $10 a month. I am in my 4th month of an 18 month committment and was planning on just extending the committment. However, after this experience, I plan on paying the money.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)