Getting HD locals...guy coming out today...have a question...

korereactor

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 11, 2005
Hi! I'm getting HD locals over Dish today and just wanted to verify what the installer may do before they come out. I've had very bad installs in the past, so I thought I'd ask a few questions here first, to get a little educated prior.

I have a Dish 1000 and a Dish 500. The Dish 500 is currently supplying SD locals for Abilene TX. I have the Turbo HD Gold w/Platinum & Locals. My question is, for HD locals, I'm assuming the old Dish 500 will no longer be needed? Also, can the installer just use another LNB on the 1000, so I won't need another dish? Just curious as to how the new setup should look. I know the HD locals are located on a different sat (61.5)? My DVR is a ViP722. Thanks!

Last edited:
Yeah, I just saw that the 1000 only gets 110, 119, and 129. Bummer. And 61.5 is the opposite direction, and I think the way my 500 is mounted the 1000 may be in the way. Great. Lovely.

Yep, that's exactly it. Wow, when did they move the locals to 129? I didn't even know! No wonder 148 keeps going out on me (lol).

Yep, that's exactly it. Wow, when did they move the locals to 129? I didn't even know! No wonder 148 keeps going out on me (lol).

they came out and fixed my in-laws dish when they switched over. wonder why they did not do your too? D* called them up and said if you want to keep your locals we have to come out and fix it so they did.

There was nothing to fix. Dish moved them from 148 to 129. Since he already had 129 the receiver automatically picked them up with no issues.

That's correct. And the guys were just here and reaimed the dish to 61.5 with no problems, the other dish was not in the way. Now if Dish would stop cutting HD channels out of the Turbo HD package, I'd be really happy. Oh well, at least my locals are fixed now. Thanks to all who replied!

I guess I shouldn't have done that!!

dish pissed me off

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)