GEtting HD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

HVAC_2007

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 5, 2007
Peterstown, WV
i am currently a dish network subscriber and i have only sd but now after seeing that they are now getting 2 more hd channels i now want to get the hd service .. and what a good timing its PAYDAY but i have a couple questions first..... if anyone can help

1) i have an LCD flat screen tv.. it dont have the HDMI but it does have the Y Pb PR connections ... will the dish network hd receivers work with it that way

2) which would you recommend the 622 or the 722 .. the amount of record time does not really matter that much (if thats the only difference)

3)should i wait and get the hd or is now a good time to do it

thanks in advance for any help

1) You can use this connection with Dish. There have been some rumors on this site lately that in the future an HDMI connection will be required to get the best picture from E*. However, Unless you want to buy a TV, they will have to do and I believe for the forseeable future that connection will be fine.

2) Along with the extended recording time, the 722 also will allow for HD content from Dish Online while the 622 will not (The 722 has some updated hardware, or so its been told on this site.). These are the only two differences that I have heard between the 622 and 722. (This is in the future, however, since currently DishOnline does not offer ANY HD content.)

3)GET IT YOU WON'T REGRET IT!

Last edited:
thanks very much for that .... so i'm going to call them tomorrow and sched me an upgrade ..but i think im'm going w/ the 622 since it shows only $149 upfront then a $100 mail in rebate making it only $49 .. since i have the America's Everything Pack i should get most of the hd channels... i just cant wait until i get it now.. i'm like a little kid a Christmas!! LOL!!!!
but thanks again for the help

but i have one more question....

does dish supply the
cables if use the red blue green ( i cant never seem to get the names correct) but anyway if they dont supply them .. are they very exspensive .. wheres the best place to buy them if i need to .. walmart or radio shack

thanks very much for that .... so i'm going to call them tomorrow and sched me an upgrade ..but i think im'm going w/ the 622 since it shows only $149 upfront then a $100 mail in rebate making it only $49 .. since i have the America's Everything Pack i should get most of the hd channels... i just cant wait until i get it now.. i'm like a little kid a Christmas!! LOL!!!!
but thanks again for the help

but i have one more question....

does dish supply the
cables if use the red blue green ( i cant never seem to get the names correct) but anyway if they dont supply them .. are they very exspensive .. wheres the best place to buy them if i need to .. walmart or radio shack

The Red, Green, Blue cables are called "Component Cables." Wal-Mart does carry them and they aren't too terribly expensive. As for whether they provide them, I believe (based on information from people on this site) it depends on your installer. When we had our upgrade in August, they didn't give us any cable (HDMI or Component), but we also already had the HDMI.

Geoff

cool! thanks i may go an buy some anyway to just have in case the tech does not supply them! but i want tell him that i have them so that if he does have them i can take them back to wal mart and get my money back!!!

well i'm going to call dish network today and schedule for an hd dvr upgrade! i'm going to go with the 622 its less upfront but well do what i want .. which is HD and i'm so excited about getting it!! once i get installed i will post to let yall know how much i enjoy it

i have one more ? about the vip hd dvr

i know that you are able to connected an over the air antena and record over the air correct????? if this is true do you have to subscribe to your local channels from dish network to do this??? if dish network does not even have your local channels will the future still work?? because i live in Peterstown, WV and dish dont have local channels in our area at this moment ... so i just wonder how this really works and what type of ota do you need?? will rabit ears work?? i know that one of the local channels for my market WVVA NBC 6 is hd so i just wonder how this works!!! hope i have gave enough info to get an answer if anyone can help me plz

i have one more ? about the vip hd dvr

i know that you are able to connected an over the air antena and record over the air correct????? if this is true do you have to subscribe to your local channels from dish network to do this??? if dish network does not even have your local channels will the future still work?? because i live in Peterstown, WV and dish dont have local channels in our area at this moment ... so i just wonder how this really works and what type of ota do you need?? will rabit ears work?? i know that one of the local channels for my market WVVA NBC 6 is hd so i just wonder how this works!!! hope i have gave enough info to get an answer if anyone can help me plz

In order to get guide data for stations on the VIP DVR you would need to subscribe to locals. If you don't, you will only get "Digital Service" listed in the guide on the receiver. As for it working without subscribing, I believe I read that it will work, you just won't get the guide data.

Since dish does not carry your locals, I believe you would only get the "Digital Service" listings anyway (I have 1 station that dish doesn't carry or is on a Sat I can't see and all we get is "Digital Service" listed in the guide).

Hope that helps,
Geoff

cool!! and thanks again for all the help!! i have call dish network earlier today and they are coming Thursday afternoon to install my receiver!! i cant wait to get it

cool!! and thanks again for all the help!! i have call dish network earlier today and they are coming Thursday afternoon to install my receiver!! i cant wait to get it
You should sign up for one of the Digital Advantage plans that will include your locals and one DVR fee for about $3.00 a month less than ala carte. You'll have your guide and you WILL be glad you do.

i would but dish dont have local channesl in my area and anyway i hve the america's everything pack now!!!! so my dvr fees are waived !!! i have 2 625's currently and now one will be the hd dvr!!! so thats why i have the aep

i just had my vip 622 installed and the tech just left and I love this receiver!! the installer did a terrific job even though it was raining he showed up at 4:30 and finished after 6:00 pm and i just love this receiver

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts