Getting Installed on the 12th

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

camprman

Original poster
May 4, 2004
Hello all,
After reading and more reading, I decided to pull the trigger and have Voom installed. I noticed in the FAQ that you guys recommend that I should call the Installs and have the installer call me. Is this still important? Should I have the installer come out and do on-site inspection? I can't wait to test out this Toshiba 57!
Thanks!
camprman

Welcome to the forum, camprman. In answer to your questions on installation, the actual installer is unlikely to come out and do a pre-installation site survey. My advice would be to do it yourself so you can tell the installer where you want things located. The installer should have the dish assembly which needs to point at 61.5, a Motorola set top box, and an off-air antenna, and appropriate cabling material.

The dish can be located anywhere YOU choose, providing there is good line of sight. Same for the OTA antenna. If you have preferences on location, don't be afraid to make them known. It is YOUR installation, and YOU should get what YOU want, IMO.

The installer called me. What a cool surprise. He even gave me his number. The 12th can't get here fast enough. :D

That's a nice gesture by the installer. Most of the people in the forum will be pulling for you to have a successful installation. Till then....keep reading. Tell your Toshiba to get ready for some serious input.

Welcome to VoOm... Camprman! I am here now watching Beyonce in HD.. OMG.... I love Rave and VoOm!! :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)