Getting into FTA... help me finish my system

Status
Please reply by conversation.
No, the present ku feeds on 99w are almost impossible to lock and keep locked.

Good to know. I can get the Washington-based NPATH2 feed all the time, and the CBS_NEWSPATH New York feed most of the time, but never the LA one (except on VERY RARE occasions). The Fox mux is solid most of the time, but if it even gets a tad bit cloudy its gone...

Yeah, they must be doing something funky with that mux. Maybe they have their signal way under threshold, and their affiliates have 15ft KU dishes. I'd think I could lock them solid with my 6ft Prodelin, but that's not up at present. I can't easily fit it in anywhere at this house.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
Yeah, they must be doing something funky with that mux. Maybe they have their signal way under threshold, and their affiliates have 15ft KU dishes. I'd think I could lock them solid with my 6ft Prodelin, but that's not up at present. I can't easily fit it in anywhere at this house.

I've heard they use spot beams for those services, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

It all depends on where you are in the satellite footprint. As primestar31 mentioned, I am kinda in the sweet spot in the geographic center of the country, so I can receive almost all the C-band feeds on 91 and 99. C-band on a 1.2m dish should be considered "for experimental purposes only"

See this thread for my results: Error | SatelliteGuys.US

Others have reported that they can also get the ESPN radio feeds on 105, so those should be fairly easy to nab.

Looking at your thread I believe you were picking up the ESPN Radio feeds when you were testing with your 90cm dish based on the photo in that thread. It was showing on your screen as 103, but ESPN Radio is on 105 at 3707v/3334 which would be almost exactly where you were if you factor in the bleed over Primestar mentions. That gives me good hope that I'll be able to pick up a few things if I add a 1.2m for C-Band to go along with the 90cm I'm planning for KU. If I can get the sports radio feeds on 105 I'd be happy... really happy if I can somehow pull in the mystery WNBC feed on 99.

Reactions: danristheman
Looking at your thread I believe you were picking up the ESPN Radio feeds when you were testing with your 90cm dish based on the photo in that thread. It was showing on your screen as 103, but ESPN Radio is on 105 at 3707v/3334 which would be almost exactly where you were if you factor in the bleed over Primestar mentions.

Yes, that is correct.

What is the "mystery WNBC feed" on 99?

Yes, that is correct.

What is the "mystery WNBC feed" on 99?

TVRO lists it at 3827H with Fox Puerto Rico. I call it a mystery feed because nobody seems to know why it is there (Puerto Rico maybe?), and it is English, 720p vs. the 1080i that WNBC should/would usually be.

TVRO lists it at 3827H with Fox Puerto Rico. I call it a mystery feed because nobody seems to know why it is there (Puerto Rico maybe?), and it is English, 720p vs. the 1080i that WNBC should/would usually be.

That's just one of their latest feeds for PR. They drop and grab new ones every so often, for whatever reason.

You won't get that on a 1.2m dish. Interference from a TP on a neighboring sat requires a larger dish for that feed.

Reactions: danristheman
Question for those who have ordered the 1.2m from Satellite-AV on eBay- what is the shipping like? I know it is via truck line but do they give you some notice as to what day/window the delivery will be, or do they just call you and say I'll be there in 10 minutes?

Question for those who have ordered the 1.2m from Satellite-AV on eBay- what is the shipping like? I know it is via truck line but do they give you some notice as to what day/window the delivery will be, or do they just call you and say I'll be there in 10 minutes?

They use a courier service. It can take a couple weeks. The courier did call me prior to delivery to set up a time that worked for me.

Don't forget to give them your phone number when you order. Paypal may not pass it off automatically.

Status
Please reply by conversation.